Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nothing... and Livid... That About Covers It

..That is what this blog is about.  Nothing.  Not a single interesting thing going on here.

I am here... but can you imagine this?  I have nothing to say!!  lol...

Yes, we got the transfer, but we really cannot do anything right away other than surf and look online at houses and property.  It is the whole Pascagoula thing, you know?  What kind of fun is that?  NOT!

I hang out in the camper, I do my Bible study and some more readings, I read my Nook, and I watch some tv.  I nap, I wash clothes, wash dishes and go to the grocery store nearly every day (remember the Barbie refrigerator?), and I sit outside when it is nice and watch the birds and eagles.  I move stuff to the trunk of my car (my mini storage unit for the camper) when I don't need it and I move it back inside when I do.  

I catch 5-10 lady bugs a day and toss them outside to which they promptly fly to the back of the camper and come back in by being Casper the Friendly Lady Bugs and coming through the walls.  I know they are doing that because there are no windows open and I swear there cannot be any Lady Bugs left in Louisiana, so I must be catching the same dozen or so every few days.

Then I start all over again.

Fun, huh?  

I know, most of you that know me can figure it out - a bit of depression is setting in, but it is all ok - I am fighting it just fine.  I just live a Very.  Boring.  Life.  right now.

For the life of me I cannot think of anything to blog about...

So tomorrow I will make up something, ok? 

I do miss blogging, but I laugh insanely at the lack of interest in my life - I go from fast forward to pause.  I am waiting on fast forward again.

In the meantime, can someone send snow?  I could at least throw snowballs for a bit.  Everyone but us seems to have their fair share.  Where we are moving to has 15"!!  *sigh*

Share please?


Oh wait!  HERE is something to blog about... all of my friends moving to and from Singapore have gotten containers of furniture delivered to them in Singapore and returned to them when they came back to the states.  All of my friends that didn't come back to the states but went to other countries got their loot sent to their respective countries.  All of them got it in under two months... BIG containers full off loot.  Most even got them delivered in 6-ish weeks.  Did it take longer than that for anyone of you?? 

Do you know where this is leading?  Do you remember our loot in Singapore?  That cute precious little pile of loot that filled up the top of the dining room table and under it?   The pile that I spent 2.5 years collecting by going all over Singapore and Asia collecting sweet little memory treasures that I loved?

We left Singapore on November 1st and guess what?!  It hasn't even been shipped yet!  Do you think it is all together in one place even?  They say it is... but I am not confident in that statement.  They said they were shipping it before we even left.  

It hasn't shipped. Yet.  

It is still sitting somewhere in Singapore, waiting on someone to give the go-ahead to ship to us here in Louisiana.  It takes 6-ish weeks from the time it ships.  In 6-ish weeks we hope to be moving to Oklahoma.  

So.  

IF our stuff shipped today - and I am sure it didn't - then it will arrive here in Louisiana when we are moved to Oklahoma!  

Nice huh?  

I may have to come back to Singapore to pack my own stuff and bring it back!  Or better yet, I will have to go all over and re-collect it.  It has only been 3 freaking months and it is still sitting.  Some where.

And once it actually DOES ship, we have to wait 6-8 WEEKS?!

Pissed doesn't even begin to cover what I am feeling.  Frustrated is beyond where I am now. Livid is close.

Can someone please tell me why it has taken so long to actually send our little piddly pile of loot to us?  Is there really a good excuse?

Really?  Really??!!   
 
To my friends that may be coming back here - would it be possible for you to bring it back one suitcase at a time?  I think we have a better chance of getting our precious memories and paperwork back if you do it.  

Obviously no one else is bothering to do it. 

2 comments:

kim said...

I'm sorry about your shipment - wish I could offer some sort of explanation....??? What I can offer though, is maybe something to do. I am presently putting together a photo book of my blog from Korea on a site called Blurb Booksmart. It might be something you would be interested in doing. It actually has a way of autofilling using your blog or you can edit it yourself. I am doing that, but I will tell you that it is time consuming. And it will probably cost around $60 (depending on the # of pages). But I figure it is something more special than a photo album and I will have it to remember my time there. Just a thought on a cold February day!

Dustin said...

I came across your blog about moving to Oklahoma. If you will be in the OKC area I have a few new homes in Mustang Oklahoma that I am selling. I am the builder of the homes not a realtor. You can check them out online at www.dustinmerryfield.com and if you have any questions about anything in the area I will be happy to assist you. Good luck with your move.