Sunday, February 27, 2011

We're NOT in the City...

We moved yesterday to Pascagoula Mississippi.  Now in my mind when we were talking about it, I thought 'small town, antique stores and friendly people'.


Not so much:



That is the view outside our front door.  This place is WAY smaller than I thought it was!  lol...


Yes, I want to live in the country.  Yes, I want to have critters.  My idea when doing this is I would rather do it in a house with a washer and dryer.  I don't see a laundry mat.  No ice within 20 miles, and certainly no grocery store nearby. 

I know, we will have the same problems when we move into the country; but you must realize, at that time, I will have a freezer for extra meat, veggies and ice.  I will have a fridge bigger than Barbie uses.  I will have a washer and dryer.  I will have a place to clean, and gardens to work in.  And last but not least, I will have a scrap/sewing/craft room.  Things to occupy my time.

What in the world am I going to do to occupy my time for 3-4 weeks while he works 12-15 hour days?

I will do Bible study, talk with God's creatures and knit a scarf big enough to fly me back to Singapore so I can quilt with my sewing friends.

And take out a loan (for fuel) so I can drive to the grocery store daily to buy a tiny bit of food for my Barbie fridge so I can cook supper on my Barbie stove in my Barbie house.

And that's all I have to say about that... 

No comments: