Saturday, February 12, 2011

Duck, Duck...

... and MANY more ducks!

Remember this little guy?  The one in the middle?



If you recall, his name is number 4.  He was found in a dirty road next to a muddy water puddle, upside down and left for "dead"... lol...  For 4 days I kept passing this little rascal, bottoms up, and driving right on by worrying about him.  Finally, when Steve and I were coming back from the store, I had him stop so I could pick him up.  He had identification on him - the number 4; and so that became his name.


Number 4 sat on my sink in the kitchen and pR would play with him.  One day she came in bearing friends for him - he finally had friends to hang out with while I washed dishes, which made punkin' very happy.



Do you remember the garage sale punkin had to raise money for a no kill animal shelter?  In the garage sale she had stuffed a bag full of all her little duckies from when she was little bagged to all sell for a buck.  No one bought it and guess where they ended up? 


Now number 4 has an entire family!



In case you don't recognize him, he is the third one from the left - actually in number 3's spot because she missed number 2 when she counted.  On the bottom of each one, she has numbered them and a few have nicknames.  So now we have 11 ducks - all numbered from 1-12; minus number 2.  NO!  Lol... we don't need a number 2, but it did annoy her last night that there was no number 2.  


As she was getting them all dried off (they went for a swim in her bath water) she told me that even though there were so many, I had to get them all together every day so he could be with his family.  

*sigh*  

Now you can see me doing that, right?  Gathering 11 little duckies from all over the camper so they could have a pow wow.  Haha, no pR, it is very unlikely that I will get them together every day for a duckie chat - which led us to having to find a place of honor in the camper so he could be with his family all of the time instead of just when she came over.  I am such a sap.  Yes, I fell for it.

So I guess now I collect ducks.  And to think it all started because of number 4.

I am a quack.  

Don't say it Steve.  You KNOW you love me!


1 comment:

Noelle Reese said...

LOL Well in my scrap room at this very moment, hidden with candy, heart plates and cups is another duck. If I remember correctly he is white with red and pink XOXO's all over him. Carlee gets one for every holiday! LOL You should get one for R for Valentines Day! I got it at King Soopers like Kroger for you guys I think?? Would she like to see C's collection?