Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally, 33 Years to the Day...

On January 28th, 1978, Steve hired on with the same company he is still with.  Today, he has signed, sealed and accepted a transfer to...



TULSA!!!  

Can't read it?  Highlight it!  I didn't want you PEEKING!



WHOOT! 


He still needs to finish his job on Pascagoula, and there are some details to work out, but the we finally have the answer.  Tulsa...  I cannot even fathom that thought.  It has been a dream from the day we moved away - to get back to Oklahoma.  Finally, it is happening!   I will be within 50 miles of where I was raised.  He will be under 100 miles from where he was raised.  *We* are going *home*!  lol, a place we have lived less time our entire lives in, but we still call it home.  Is it?

Will it still feel like it?  Time will tell.   We will miss so much of Louisiana... friends, food, life, and hurricanes... the drink, NOT the wind kind, ok?

Am I excited?  Of course!

Am I nervous?  Absolutely!

Very mixed emotions flowing right now: Excited, nervous, anticipation, apprehension, scared and elated.  All of the above...  

But we can do this - we lived in Singapore - this should be a piece of cake!  Right?

It is like a dream... will I wake up?  I cannot believe it is really happening.  Will we love it like we did when we left?

33 years to the day... it is a sign.  

It will be just fine...


Right??

We are about to embark on another adventure...


♫ ♪ OKLAHOMA!  ♫ ♪

♪ ♫ Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain  ♪ ♫

♫ ♪ And the wavin' wheat, can sure smell sweet... ♫ ♪


7 comments:

applesofgold said...

Congratulations!

surprisetriplets said...

I'm so glad you finally have an answer to our never ending question and that it's the answer that you wanted to hear! Love you lots.

Renee said...

Yea! God has granted you the desire of your heart!

Elizabeth said...

I am soooooo excited, now if we can just get SHARI closer, we will be rockin' it! Love you!

Sandy said...

what great news! i am so happy that you are going home again. :)

kim said...

I am so happy for you and your husband. You have been a much better trooper than I would have been the past few months! I love the Tulsa area - you have lakes and seasons. We lived up in that area (Henrietta and Mounds)briefly when we first got married. Congratulations.

Noelle Reese said...

Well, let's do dinner in June on my way to AR!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE