Sunday, December 19, 2010

She Did It!

My sister, Liz, graduated from college with an English degree!  Yay!  I am so darned proud of her!  Congratulations sis!



 After graduation, we went to Cheddar's for lunch.  We had TEN people, so we had to wait about an hour - but not to worry, our brother entertained us.  He is such a hoot!
 


We pulled off the final surprise.  Much to our dismay, Megan was on a plane from California to Oklahoma for as long as we would have been coming from SINGAPORE!  She flew Delta, and oh my gosh what a freaking nightmare!  She was bumped on her San Francisco flight, had to reschedule from San Jose, then put on a flight to LA and on to Salt Lake City, then bumped on her flight from Salt Lake City, put on a waiting list, caught a midnight flight and flown from Salt Lake City to Atlanta and the finally BACK to Tulsa.  It took nearly 30 hours - THEN her luggage did not make it!!!  The luggage round about had about a dozen pieces of luggage just sitting there in the unlit area waiting with no people, but Megan's luggage was not there either   :-(

While all of this was going on, she missed coming in the afternoon before Liz's graduation when she was first supposed to surprise Liz, then she missed coming in later to stay with us the night before in the camper to surprise Liz when we met to head to Tulsa for the graduation, she missed the graduation, the hoopla afterwards, but we finally got her to Cheddar's after the graduation to surprise her.  Good grief what a freaking nightmare for her!  We finally did surprise her though - and I have no idea how we kept that all away from her.  One bazillion phone calls between her and us, us and Cheyenne, and Shari and me... but we did it.  We gave her one last gift; her daughter!


When did she get her luggage?  Finally last night, 10 hours after she got in, Danny took her BACK to Tulsa to pick it up.  By that time there were several dozen pieces of luggage on the merry go round waiting on their owners who were probably scattered across the world.  Ask me why we don't fly Delta and if I ever will.  They did not give a flip about one part of this entire screw up - and the ONE guy working behind the counter had no interest in if she would EVER get her luggage...


Our aunt and uncle came from Alabama to her graduation on the way to Minnesota.  Ok, so it wasn't exactly on the way, but they MADE it on their way.  We LOVED having them!



All of us girls finally got together for a visit:


Jeanie (in red) grew up with us... long story but her and our family made one big family.  Believe me when I say you don't want the details, but we love each other like sisters because we are sisters in our heart.


Here is a picture with our aunt and uncle with all four of us kiddos:


I have to say I was impressed with the people that showed up for her graduation.  She had lots of friends and lots of our family that came.  I am so happy that so many people showed up to support her.  Thanks to everyone who came, made it happen or participated in the prayers for it all to pan out.  We love you all!


We have been spinning our wheels since we got here - frantically racing from doing one thing to another.  We had so many errands to tie up Liz's graduating we stayed busy doing that, cooking for a dozen people coming and going, trying to finish Christmas shopping, then the fiasco with Megan, but we did a few fun things like decorate Liz and Dad's Christmas tree:



And enjoy the country side:






So it has been a great visit and we accomplished everything we needed to.  Whoot!  So glad Liz can move on with her life now.  What a great feeling it must be for her!   I don't know how she has done with along with taking care of dad.  He DEMANDS a LOT of attention and pouts if he doesn't get it.  I have no concept for the way he acts, the things he does, the way he wants catered to, or they way he treats Liz, but I am not the one dealing with him.  All I can say is I will say lots of prayers for her and her patience.  I hope she can get him to start doing for himself now that she has time to work with him more.  She has very little support here and it has to be very tough on her AND dad.  All of this to say I am super proud of you sis!  You did it and he survived!  Lol... Love you!

Off to finish our last day of shopping and get pictures taken.  Tomorrow, we move west to the boondocks - we may have internet and we may not.  Wish us luck!  I sure do miss you!


4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

CONGRATS to Liz!! How exciting! I am so glad so many people were there for her! That is awesome!!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Sis! I love you all and I am soooo glad you were ALL here for me. That means more than you will ever know! And thanks, N!

Cajunrose said...

Congrats!!!! Wish I could have been there!!!

Notes from the Tropics said...

So much fun to see family together and enjoying each other....especially at Christmas time!! Best wishes for a blessed Christmas!