Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Country Roads, Take Me Home :-)

To the place, I belong!  OKlaHOMa... yes, I know, that is not the real words... lol....

We are on the road again - this time near Tulsa; 30 miles from where I grew up.  We decided we would like to look the area over really well and have a good idea where we want to look for a place should the opportunity present itself... you know, we are dreaming and all... lol... still have no idea if it will happen, but can still dream, right?  And we went to be prepared IF it happens.


So, remember when I said we were out in the country - way out in the sticks??  I wasn't joking.  This picture was taken outside the barn door of where our camper lived this last week.  It is next door to our step brother's/step brother-in-laws house:




And down the road a bit... 


I wasn't joking - was I?  This is where our camper lived, but where we were wasn't much better.  This is about 20 minutes from any store at all.  It is far out... in the literal sense...  lol


But it was great for hauling out the camera and shooting...


Pretty pictures of places:






Of old buildings...




Remember these old gas stations that were on the corners?



Loved taking pics of the old abandoned barns and homes...






And check out this old Cafe - too bad I had my 50mm lens on; made it where I couldn't get it all, but I still love it:


I have an idea for a 'coffee table' book someday... or maybe two...


I know these are random pictures, and maybe I am the only one enjoying them - but I love seeing things most people see as trash.  It makes me...


... happy  :-)

2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Love the pictures! I love old barns and buildings as well. Great shots!

stefani said...

Wow! Look at all that empty space. Love the old buildings. The first photo is my favorite.