Sunday, November 7, 2010

Super Saturday

Yesterday was a great day.  We started the day off by going to a garage sale with a TON of sewing supplies.  For those of you that have no idea what a garage sale is, it is where you get all the junk together that is cluttering your house and toss it in the garage or carport with prices on each item - then advertise you are having a garage sale.  People see you are getting rid of your loot and they come by to see if your trash is their treasure.  

Well Steph and I found a lot of treasures at this garage sale!  They had thousands of patterns, buttons, zippers, thread, notions, quilting whatever-you-call-its and material.  We had a blast and only wished we had gone earlier!

After the digging around in that loot, we ran to McDonald's to meet papa and pR, then off to the soccer game.  Can you tell which little one our grand daughter is?


Yeah, she has her dad's taste in dressing... lol... she is the one with the stripes!  She planned on wearing those tights later with a skirt and blouse that matched them, but she got hot, shucked the britches, and wore the tights with her shorts.. and this is what she looked like before the matching outfit... so cute - and so pR!!
I glanced over and thought how lucky I was to be with the girls - I sure wish it was as easy to be with our guys...
 


Aren't they cute?
 

After the soccer game, we ran over to Southdown to see the craft show.  Lots of great things there, but I have no where to put loot so I didn't buy anything.  Raelee got her hair colored though!



I am pretty proud of that 'do - I am the one that started spraying color in her hair - and we did it all the time!  She wasn't too sure about it then though  ;-)



But wasn't she adorable?



Wonder what A would look like with green hair and M with pink hair? (Those are/were their favorite colors)

It is like I am in a different world right now - still caught between the two; Singapore and the states.  I will find my balance soon, but things are sooo.... hmmm, how do I say it?  "Same, same - but different!"  Another perfect place to use this saying...  I don't feel the same as I did when I came back for visits - I feel like I am not a part of this life any more but for no specific reason; like I don't belong here but don't know where I belong...  Not sure why... it is just weird. 

I went to the first Dr this last Friday.  She looked over all the tests and asked why they didn't diagnose me with pancreatitis in Singapore.  Ummm, I dunno... I am not a Dr...  !!

She said it is pretty obvious to her that I have chronic pancreatitis.  She said that the first week or two of pancreatitis the pancreatic numbers are high, but they later level off and go back to normal, however the damage is done to your pancreas and that is where the pain comes in - and it continues to deteriorate.  She put me on pancreatic enzymes (but forgot to put the dosage) and a pain med.  She said to take them both.  Since she forgot to put the dosage, I have to wait until tomorrow to start them, but we shall see.  I do intend to go to a GI Dr for a second opinion this next week.  Reading up on it, she may have very well hit the nail on the head.  

Seeing what the internet (shouldn't be reading that right?) says about the prognosis is quite disturbing to me, but I have to look forward and not worry about the consequences of what has been... and she did say, that my initial problem probably started with that food poisoning that I had in March of 2009.  I do not drink, k?  I am still hurting just as much, but of course I have not started the medicines yet.  I am apprehensive about taking the pain meds.  I don't even take them when I have surgery, but she said I need to take them to see how it affects my pain.  I know Tylenol and Mortin do not even phase it.  Since I want to get rid of the pain, I will try it... but we shall see...

Steve is leaving for Pascagoula today.  He has that little survey to do on a rig there and will be back later in the week.  I will be at the camper on my own!  I bet I will be just fine  :-)  

Now, if I could just find my sewing machine... I would love to sew with the girls... make Christmas gifts.

PS:  I am freezing my toot-toot off over there - but I am not complaining.  I am wishing some of this cool to my friends on the flip side.  I know you are all smothering.  I feel your pain... and I love my cold!  Off to dust the frost off my car - I saw a picture yesterday I just have to get!   :-P

No comments: