Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Projects Ahead

As I said yesterday, we went to the Christmas lighting ceremonies in a nearby city to enjoy the festivities.  One of the girls loves entertaining papa, and she had  no problem going right back to doing so.  She was trying to hide from him here... somehow I think he knew where she was  ;-)




The girls got gift bags:
 


They drank cold chocolate milk, because that is what you do when it is hot outside:



No way should this be possible at the Christmas lighting ceremonies anywhere but in Singapore:
 



But in south Louisiana, it is often the case as well:
 


This was pR's face when she saw Santa coming!



I love this picture, even though the quality isn't great:



As most of you know, I celebrated my birthday yesterday!  I got ooodles of cards:



I got my traditional Hallmark Snowman from Steph and pR (which I LOVE):



And a quilt cutting guide and quilt rotary cutter  :-)

Some very special ladies gave me a gift card through my daughter - it will buy LOTS of quilting supplies:



What in the world did I do to deserve this?  You are are amazing!  Now how can I return the thoughts?!  Thank you soooo much!

And Sue?  Are you listenin'?  My hubby ordered me the Canon PowerShot S95!!!  Whoot!  That is my gift from him!  I can't wait to try it out!  Thank you, dear - and thank you Sue for trying it out and loving it!  :-)

pR and I have been very busy.  We have done a lot of projects, trying to make up for lost time I think.  She is so fun to do things with.  I wish we were closer to the boys so we could do projects with them... it is so difficult these days when kids/grand kids/grand parents are scattered all over the world.  Sometimes I wish we could go back a few years where family felt the needs to live near each other - I would have loved living in that era.

Anyway, our projects?  pR's grandma sent this project for her to do - we had fun doing it together!
 


And I had bought these while we were out a few days ago:
 



And we put together a little foam gingerbread house:



Punkin' was proud of herself:
 


And finally the answer to the question you have been waiting for... what did I buy at the Black Friday sale in the middle of the night?

Are you ready for this??


Hold your breath!




Here it is:


One container of gum.  Yup, you heard that right!  I just got gum!  I have people that can vouch for me... lol... Told you I was not a shopper!  I was a basket guard-er!  Lol... But yes, I was out on the dreaded black Friday in the wee hours of the morning.

So now you know about all of our projects - and we have MORE planned!  I am going to help Steph finish some gifts... Lovin' that girl time. 

No comments: