Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shiny Trading - Treasures I Buy

Since we are in our last year here, we have been conscientiously trying to collect treasures from here to take home.  The joke is that we were only supposed to be here for 2-4 months and we came with 4 suitcases - so everything I have to take back has to fit into 4 suitcases (with all the stuff I brought in the 4 suitcases to start with).  Yeah, that is not going to happen.  Since we both know we will have to ship 'stuff' home, I decided I was going to get some things to TAKE home.  Until the last few months, I had not really bought anything to speak of, but I finally decided since I am here in Asia, I am going to shop for some treasures to take back.  So much beautiful stuff here.  

Now we all know I don't like to shop, so doing so has been a chore.  However, I found a place when I first came here that I finally found time to go back to - the blue pottery store.  Steve and I had tried to go a few months back, but it looked like she had moved.  I didn't have her card, so we left.  Yesterday, Debbi called her, found out she had just moved floors so we trekked back over there and shopped.  Nice... 

Here is what I bought...

A blue bowl for S1.00:
 


A 'chip boat' for S$10.00:
 


A sitting stool for S50.00 (it was originally S$60.00, but I bought so much she gave me a discount):
 


An umbrella stand for S$35.00:
 


Closer detail of my umbrella stand:



A 'soap dish' for S$1.00:
 


And a cake pedestal for S$15.00:





I know you want to know... so... I bought all of the above items at:

Shiny Trading
Blk 3014A Ubi Road 1 
#04-02  
Singapore, 408703
Lilisan Goh 9759-7421 hp

Please call Lilian before you go to be sure she is there.  Bring cash.

Lilian will be gone from October 11th - October 20th, but will be back to work on October 21st with new stock!

Yes, the building looks like a warehouse... no worries - go anyway.  I didn't take pictures.  Darned side is hurting so much I cannot think any more, so I didn't.  Oh well.  I know you can find it.


Also shopped at the Salvation Army on Serangoon Rd.  LOTS of cool stuff there!  I found this vase for only S$28.00!!




More treasure stories tomorrow!

Off to Bible study now, then to see a Chinese Medicine Dr.  Maybe HE can diagnose my side.  Silvana says he can.  We shall see...  more about this exciting experience tomorrow as well.  And yes, I am still going home (back to the states) in a few weeks to get this figured out once and for all.  Just waiting on word from Steve's work to when.

Wish me (and the Chinese Medicine Dr) luck!

2 comments:

F said...

I've heard of this famous store before! And I've been wanting to go to the Salvation Army on Serangoon, too. I was close by last week but got too tired. Maybe tomorrow I'll venture out there.

Thanks for sharing the address!

Hien Huynh said...

Thank you very much for your sharing. Lilian from Shiny Trading, she did not know that her company name was put in her customer blog until I told her today. She was very happy to see her products in your blog and said 'wow, my customer is very good and smart ah' :)