Thursday, October 21, 2010

Saying Goodbyes

 I have been saying goodbyes for days now!  I can't believe this is so difficult  :-(  


Yesterday I had to tell Brenda goodbye - or rather see ya later.  We have gotten so close it is crazy!  Love ya Brenda!  I hope we never lose touch - so we just said see you later.  We sure have a lot in common don't we?  Lol...  You are right, same same, but different  ;-)



After telling Brenda 'see ya!' (not saying goodbye to ya) I had to go tell the girls on the board of the spouses association of the company my hubby works for goodbye.  Confused?  Sorry,  I am too tired to reword it.  More people... lol... We went to Chijmes and Pizzeria Giardino's.  Yum!  I love visiting with these girls - we are so fortunate to have this experience.  We have girls from all over the world; we visited and laughed over customs, traditions, and habits different countries have.  I love that we can ask each other questions about their home country and get a totally honest answer or explanation.  I have learned so darned much about other lifestyles!  (I am not bobbing my head here ladies ;-)   It is great!  What will I do without everyone?
 


Here is Anjana (from India), Virginie (from France), me (from USA), Silvana (from Peru) and Sally (from England) - and this is just the Board of Directors - imagine all of us together!


What an experience!


I am shopping until I drop - and we all know how much I like that... Ok, Jeremy, I actually got OUT the door, have been to MORE than one place and bought more than one thing.  Impressed?

I went back to Taylor B's today - they *just* got a new shipment of blue and white!  Best you haul yourself over there if you would like to take advantage of it.  I have already gotten my share so you are welcome to buy anything you want!   ;-)  She has lots, but it is going fast.  I can't get over the turnover she has!  So glad I found out she had a container coming in - if I had not gone by Sunday, I never would have known.   Here is some of the stuff she has - and there is lots more!





Pretty isn't it?


I also went to another blue and white place - will post about it soon.  I took more pictures today, so you will be excited to see what this other place has!

I went again to China Town... man!  I could go there all the time and never get tired of it.  Great place for hanging out and especially for taking pictures.

So I have spent the last few days trying to get the last few things we want to take back to the states.  I am beat!  Saying goodbyes and shopping - it sure takes a toll on the body.  Tomorrow, I tour the Embassy and then I am coming home and resting.  That, my friends, is a promise!

And maybe I will really blog.  Maybe.  Or sleep.  We will see what wins.

Saying goodbyes is hard.  Life should never be hard, but it is sometimes, isn't it?  You gotta go over the rocky road to see the view.  This road is really rocky folks...

But I can almost see our family on the other side.  And I can feel the weather changing... to much cooler.  Itsa comin'!


No comments: