Monday, October 11, 2010

Just Walking

Walking around the last few days and as always I took pictures.  I don't have a lot of time to blog, so I am going to share them with you.  There is no rhyme or reason to them - so hope it doesn't confuse you.


This little statue was standing outside of a grocery store:



What was more interesting, was this:



This is the way some noodles are made here:



No fancy machine doing it, but can you tell?


I have to say there is a lot of stuff done that way here; not much mechanical done, mostly physical labor.  I had no idea - I thought Asia was one giant factory... well not really, but I did not imagine how much is actually done manually.


Like taking things from one place to another... check out how this man transports:


Yes there are many people that do that here!


Riding the MRT is often amusing... I had to lol at this picture.  Elegant flowers... down in the dumps:



Was excited to have finally found these!  I had looked high and low for them.  I would have never found them if I hadn't been walking.  Aren't they pretty?



We would like to find a pair of Fu Dogs... like these.  Anyone know a great place to find them with a large selection?



 Random thoughts...




Wouldn't see this in the states, would you?  How many safety rules were broken here?



Loved this plant:



Yes, I saw plenty of people smoking them, but I didn't have the guts to take a picture of them:



Children getting out of school - there were dozens.  I finally realized I needed to take a picture:



Awww, the shopping here in Singapore:



The escalators are never ending!



A mosque I passed in my meanderings:



Some cool HDB's though I am not sure I would like living in them:



A vase that I keep trying to talk myself out of getting... I am losing...




An old cemetary?



It was well hidden behind this wall:



LOOK at the size of this leaf!



An old black and white house:




So that is what I have been doing the last few days... taking pictures and loving it.  Hope you enjoyed 'browsing' with me.  Maybe I will get more energetic in the next few days... maybe.  Or maybe not.  I kinda like having randomness every once in a while.

2 comments:

stefani said...

Looking at those escalators make me dizzy and that sure is one huge leaf!

Cajunrose said...

That leaf is massive! I'll have to show Raelee that. How neat!