Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Day Has Arrived

It started with me swaying as an earthquake started my day...


Then Shodai knocked and smiled - it all seemed right again.


But soon the packers came... 






They started packing our loot... 






And hauling it out... 



My stomach turns and tumbles
The fear of the unknown
The anticipation of the adventure
The uncertainty ahead
The goodbyes as we walk away
The hellos as we move forward
The reality setting in
The tears are coming
Both happy and sad

It's an emotional day.

I think I need one of these:


It seems it may be really happening... 

It seems surreal.


So I may need two.


**Update**

They have now come and gone.  Our few little precious boxes loaded on a truck:





I told you we did not have a lot.  Didja not believe me?  Two plus years here and this is all we have accumulated... and most of that was this last week!


Our packers assured us it is well packed and ready to go.  They will build a crate at the company for our loot and place the boxes in it.  We told them what would happen if they broke anything, obviously, they took us quite seriously  ;-)




Thanks lovely ladies and gentleman - it went really smooth - amazingly so.  If you want me to put the name of your company on here, I will do it - but only with your permission.  I forgot to ask - so if you see this, and don't mind, just let me know.  You all did a great job on this end - we will see how it went on that end!  Ahhh, and your giggles about us playing mahjong still rings pleasantly in my ears; that and the foo dogs.  Lions.  Whatever. 

Finally, with most of our belongings, the movers leave with  a big wave...




And off they go!


Be careful - we don't have much, but what we do have, we love.

This is all so weird.  I have never had movers before... Heck, we have rarely moved.  Yes, honey, I am doing well... if you only knew how I felt.


I might need three.

1 comment:

applesofgold said...

I usually have to throw up once or twice when the packers show up. And yes I do need an adult beverage (or 3) after the truck pulls off. I think with our next transfer, I should probably just not be around when they pack it...I get beyond stressed out. (Watching my coffee table fall off the back of the truck just days after my mother had given it to me...well, it's ruined me, I tell you!) Hang in there! It's almost done....we will be so glad to have you back home.