Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thorugh the Looking Glass - Freedom

While sitting in the comfort of our van driving through Indonesia, air conditioning blasting cool air among us, I could not help but think about these people - families - traveling to and from on motorcycles.  Cycling is a way of life in Asia; entire families go from one place to another on their motorcycle even in the rain.  Feeling a bit sad for them, I later mentioned this to my husband.  He quickly reminded me that though it seemed like a hardship to us, for them it meant freedom.  Indeed, that is a better way to look at it.  I can relate to that actually.  In the states I have a vehicle, even though it is a car, but here I am on foot most of the time.  Yes, I can see that the motorcycles can give them freedom.

Early in my life, I found that I could look through my lens, and with one little click, I could capture a forever vision, one that would last a lifetime and remind me of what was.  It was later in life that I found the stories in the pictures; the pain the eyes, the homes they lived in, the cars they drove, the happy days, the sad times - the rest of the story so to say.

Today I am still sharing Indonesia - their freedom.  Please look closely at the pictures and see if you see the stories the pictures have to tell.









Look very carefully at this picture - click on it to enlarge it:



Here is the rest of the story:












Let the pictures work on your heart like they do mine.  I see struggling families, pride and yes, I see freedom.  I see beauty, hardships, happiness and best of all, I can share it with you.  


The saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" means so much more to me these days.



And sometimes it makes me smile  :-)


No comments: