Thursday, September 2, 2010

Man, I Am Tired

First I want to thank those who e-mailed me their opinion about my quilt patch.  The results are good for a giggle.

Narrow border:  7
Mid-sized border: 7
Wide border: 6

Thanks everyone for helping me figure that one out... you narrowed it down quite nicely... lol.  Today, looking at the quilt top, I think I will go with the mid-size border as it seems to work for me better.  Today.  Next week when I go to do it, I may change my mind.  We shall see.  I will let you know what happens with it.


Do you ever feel like you are forgetting something?


This morning I went to Bible study - which I love by the way.  I have to take a taxi to the International Baptist Church where it is held.  While sitting in the taxi, I was very frazzled; I felt like I had run a marathon before leaving.  As I was trying to ponder why, I realized I forgot to take my medicines.  No big deal, but I vividly remember getting up from the computer to go take it.  So why didn't I take it?

Retracing my footsteps...  I got up to go take the medicine, but I needed a drink of water to do it.  I went to the dining room to get my glass, and I noticed the check book on the table.  I remembered I needed to add a deposit and balance it, so I went back to the computer.  While at the computer, just finishing the checkbook hoopla, a message popped up that said I had to leave for Bible Study in an hour which made me realize I needed to gather my Bible Study book, Bible, pen, bag, and note pad. 

I got up to do that, remembered I needed a cold bottle of water, went to the freezer to get it, but on the way, I realized I needed to get the clothes out of the dryer and start a new load.  I grabbed the dryer clothes, went to hang them in the bedroom and since I was there, I made the bed, picked up a bit in and in doing so, I found my iTouch which I need to have on the taxi ride to the church.  I went back in the living room put it in my purse, saw the plants on the patio needed watered, took care of that, then grabbed mints (Debbie and I both like them) so I went to the kitchen to grab mints.  I saw the counter needed tidied up, took care of that and headed back to get the mints.

ICE WATER!  I needed ice water!  I ran back into the kitchen, open the freezer, dump the ice in the bin, fill the trays, run to the back to get a new bottle of spring water, remember I need to gather the clothes for the washer, I go to the bathroom to get the dirty hand towel.  How did I end up taking another shower... ??  Dunno... but I showered (again), got ready for church, went back through the kitchen to drop off the towels in the laundry room, remember the water, but I had the towels in my hand to go in the washer,  I promptly did that, started the washer, ran in to look at the clock, called a taxi, grabbed my Bible bag, my keys, my purse, and my iTouch.  Was I forgetting something?


It was then that I remember I never did get my water (you MUST have water here in Singapore), ran to the back to grab the water, grabbed my koozie for it, raced to the door, locked it, pressed the elevator button, realized I forgot my umbrella (you MUST have an umbrella in Singapore), I unlock the door, race in, grab the umbrella, hear my phone ring from the back room, set my water on the table with the umbrella (silly taxi driver letting me know he was there) (oh wait!  He reminded me I needed my phone), race to the back to get my phone, out the door, repeat the locking/elevator process, promptly remember I forgot to grab some 'business' cards for Rosanna, walk in, grab them, repeat the locking/elevator process (only TWO times son!)  and finally head down to the taxi. 

It was on the first floor that I realized I had forgotten my security pass and my MRT card - I needed them both.  Up the elevator, unlock the door, race in and grab the passes, out the door, repeat the locking/elevator process (I know... three times son...)  and jumped in the taxi.  I told the taxi where I was going, which wasn't really where I was going, but it was close. 

Are you following me so far?  I am frazzled and trying to get a grip on this day...


Letting the cabbie take over, I took a deep breath.  I am trying to regain my composure, check out the world around me, and while I was doing that, I remembered I had set down my water bottle.  I was really thirsty and wished I had it.  Wait!  I didn't have a drink this morning, no wonder I am thirsty!  But if I didn't have a drink, that means I didn't take my medicine.  Did I?  I DID get up to go get it... and I realize once again, I just wasted 1.5 hours to get a glass of water that I didn't get for the medicine I didn't take.  I forgot my water bottle, didn't get my umbrella, and barely got myself out the door.  Did I get anything accomplished?

I need a helper or a really good husband.  So, it was then I realized that it is his fault I did not take my medicine... right?  Or maybe it was Debbies, because I went to get the mints, or Rosanna's because she needed the cards, or the cabbies because he called and distracted me, or it could even be my son's fault because he says every time I walk out the door I have to unlock it three times before I actually get to leave.  (I hate it that he seems to be right)


I am just realizing I didn't give Rosanna the cards.


I think it is definitely my hubbies fault - I need a helper.


I am going back to bed and start all over on the right side of the bed tomorrow - whichever side that is.

Wish me luck on that one.  

Someday I am gonna get this right.

Tomorrow I am off to try to teach English to High School kids in Indonesia.  This oughta be fun.  They assure me I have all the pre-requesites I need.


If they only knew...

1 comment:

Pam said...

This post reminded me of the children's book "If you give a mouse a cookie"!! Very funny!