Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Event at The Sail

Last night's event at The Sail was wonderful!  Relaxing with colleagues of Steve's, enjoying the view and laughing with friends... what more could you ask for?

Kazbar served Mediterranean food - in a wonderful spread.  We had:

Mousaka (layers of ground, herbed lamb, aubergine, potato and tomato and topped with melted cheese)



Cheese Borik (Herb and Feta Cheese Pastry) in back
Falafel (Chickpeas and beans tossed in aromatic spices)



Sayadaya Fish (char grilled dory fish in middle eastern sauce):



Vegetable Stew:



Semolina:


Rice:



Desserts were Um Ali (toasted croissant with rose water, sugar, milk, pistachio, almond, and topped with cream):



And everyone raved about the imported (from Brunei) Baklava (filo pastry with assorted nuts and honey:



They intend to open a facility here in Singapore so they don't have to import Baklava in.  Not sure when that will happen though.   For now, the imported Baklava is delicious!


And several different kinds of... I am sorry, I don't know what it is called.  If someone can remind me, I will be glad to post it - but it was all beautiful:




Of course there was Pita bread, but I neglected to get a picture of it.  However, supper was delicious! 


We also had an incredible view from the windows surrounding the entire room we were in:





Look at this picture below, you will see the overly bright lights on the highway.  I should tell you it is lit up for next weeks F1 race.  Steve and I will be going on Saturday nights qualifying run!  Do you think I can get a better picture than he did 2 years ago?


I have to tell you, for once I didn't feel the need to take a lot of pictures last night.  I took none of the actual party and none of the babies that came.  I sat back and enjoyed the festivities.  Can you believe it?  Neither can I!!

The caterer's information is:

Kazbar PTE LTD
33 Cuppage Rd
Cuppage Terrace
(65) 6836 - 5738

There is also more information on the link at the top of this post.  If you dine at Kazbar, you won't be disappointed.  The food was wonderful!  One of the great things about living in Singapore is that we get to try foods from so many parts of the world on a regular basis.

Thanks to Anjana and hubby for offering their event room for our pleasure - it was a pleasure indeed.  We had a great time and I am sure everyone else did as well.


Off to an HDB Autumn (?!) Festival tonight.  Someone should tell the weatherman we need a blast of Autumn here... a few degrees less than 95 would be handy about now.  I will look for the fall leaves on our stroll over to the HDB...

No comments: