Friday, September 24, 2010

Children's Faces in Family Places

I forgot to post a lantern yesterday that we saw at the HDB Mid-Autumn Festival - we thought was adorable!


Isn't it great?


Like I said before, this Mid-Autumn Festival was all about children... children making lanterns, coloring sheets, young men doing percussion, young singers, children's games... it was so fun seeing so many children participate.  Oh, how I love children!   

While we were at the festival, I just walked around and took pictures of little ones.  The parents saw me, and I would motion that I was taking a picture and they would nod.  I love looking at the interactions with their siblings, parents, grandparents... it reminds me of my 21 years of being a Girl Scout leader.  I enjoyed it so much!   

Children are so smart - we underestimate them tremendously. Most children here know at least 2 languages and many know more.  My friend, Michelle's (3? 4? year old son)  son can speak English, French and is learning Chinese in school.  My neighbor's son (3? 4? year old son) speaks Japanese, and is learning English and Chinese in school... it is pretty darned amazing to hear these little chatterboxes talk!


Anyway, back to the festival.  There was a row of games for the children to play.  I have no idea what they were as I don't like crowds at all and look for the path of least resistance, behind the games, which gave me a great shot of the children and their families.  

Browse through the pictures below, but please look closely at the children, the family interactions and also look to see if you notice a common subject in many pictures...  I will give you a hint:  it is a she:























This young lady was in sooo many of my pictures!  Finally, we realized she was alone  :-(   One of the workers asked her where her parents were; she didn't know, and obviously didn't care.  We went through my pictures and there she was with a dozen or so 'moms', 'dads', and 'siblings'... but they were not hers.  Luckily we saw her dad later carrying her.  He said she gets away from them all the time, "Every time she gone! I try tell her she stay, but she go!  Sooo fast!"  Lol.. at least she was safe and sound.


And maybe in love...


We are off to the Formula 1 races!  I am hoping for good weather (looks stormy) and even just one picture of one fast car... just one.  Please?


No comments: