Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hawaii, The Big Island

Finally arriving on the big island of Hawaii, we went straight to Hale Nui Kai, the place my sister had rented.  It was a great house; complete with all the kitchen utensils, washer, dryer and linens.  Even though it looks small here, it has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and plenty big enough for her family of 5 and Steve and I without crowding us:



For the life of me, I cannot find the unimpressive daytime view pictures, but the sunset view took your breath away:





The day after we arrived, we browsed around Kona looking at the sights:










I loved the drain cover of the last one:



And I found the perfect necklace for myself:


It was a steal at only $2100.00 USD!!   *gulp!*  I restrained myself and made do with this picture  :-)

However, I nearly bought this one:


... Again, I resisted.  I really like the earrings on the right.  The flower is pretty too, but I don't care for the earrings;  I don't really want flowers dangling from my ears.  However, I have to tell you, I love the blue opal!  Absolutely love it!  Have you ever seen it?


Steve found some hats hanging out and had to try them on:



I think this one was hanging on a kid's head:



It looked cute on him, don't you think?



It was so nice getting together with my sister and her family, getting to know them again.  It has been far too long.  Just look how great they all look!







We found lots of breath taking aquarium fish, just hanging out in the water:





 But they were not in an aquarium, they were in the natural water!


We saw some normal fish (don't want to exclude them):



And we even saw some sea turtles:


Again, in the wild  :-)


We had a great day visiting and catching up.  I was looking forward to the rest of the week with the family.


Doesn't everyone look great?  

I think we went snorkeling next  :-)  Wonder if we got any good pictures? 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Everyone looks FANTASTIC! And I love the blue opal stuff. I have never seen it or even heard of it! Awesome!