Thursday, June 24, 2010

More of Disneyland

As I said yesterday, Disneyland was nothing like Disney World... oh, they have some of the same rides, but the overall feel of it is not at all like Disney World - and that is not in a bad way.  Each place, Disneyland and Disney World are unique to its own and have their own charms.  I suppose all the Disney properties are all the same way - insanely different, but remotely alike.

I remember one of the things I was disappointed in about Disney World was the fact that we could not walk up into the castle.  At Disneyland, it was not so - we could walk all the way up, reading a Cinderella story during the stroll.  It was actually quite nice - not what I would have expected, but I didn't really know *what* I would have expected anyway.  It was nice that we could actually walk up and into the castle though.  


Did you notice how small the castle at Disneyland was?


I was actually quite shocked at the size - then I remembered this was the 'original' Disney castle - and California has much less space to waste.  However, looking at it over the few days we were there, its charm grew on me.  It was indeed not as elaborate as the DW castle, but it was still quite charming, a but of  'old' charm - and if I am not mistaken, much more realistic to the movie to me - and it was... simple.  I like simple... 

Here is the Disney World castle for close-up comparison:



One of the first rides Aedan and Marcus rode was the carrousel.  I think they liked it - but doesn't every kid - even the big ones?


You know, come to think of it, I don't remember ever riding one... hmmm.... must have just forgotten in my old age  ;-)

And what is Disney without Mr Toad's Wild Ride??  Here are Aedan, Marcus and Alana checking it out beforehand:



Toon Town was a ton of fun as well.  I loved the layout of the Disneyland Toontown much better than the layout of the Disney World Toontown, however, there were no trees at all to shade us.  It was miserable - but sooo much cuter!





The guys tried to get away, but the doors were locked  ;-)



Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is a new ride to us - I don't remember them having it in Disney World:




...but we had a great time on it.  The lines were horrendous though  :-(


I think I forgot to post this picture of Aedan getting ready to ride Thunder Mountain:


It was his first real roller coaster ride - and he loved it! Doesn't he look adorable?  Can you tell he was stoked?


Tossing a couple of pictures in here just cause I can  :-)








As you can tell, we had a great time at Disney.  There are a few more pictures to share, but that will come tomorrow.  Off to clean up the house - all that Disney 'loot' is scattered from one end to another.  Must get it cleaned up.

We did receive confirmation yesterday that our lease for the condo was renewed.  Finally 'officially' we know.  We assumed, but you know what assuming does... don't you? 

Now to see if our employment and spouses pass gets renewed... remember, me saying in THIS post that I thought I could be here two years?  Well, it is official - we have been here two years; they DID keep us two years and we are looking at being here even longer.  How do I feel about that?  You really do not want to know...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love all the pics, looks like you had a great time! Love you!