Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Disneyland in Anaheim California :-)

Didja really miss me?  Here I am - back where I belong.  I will probably go backwards with this blog as I want to start with the grand kids so you can see them.  Soooo... here goes:

One of our last trips in the states was to Disneyland with our kids and grand kids.  It was a great time to get to know the grand kids again - it had been a couple of years since we saw them last time and man, a lot of growing goes on in that amount of time.  

Aedan and Marcus were stoked that they got to go to Disneyland - in fact, they were simply beside themselves with excitement!  Aedan had a smile that would not stop:



Jeff, do you see what I see?  lol...

When we first saw Aedan, he kept saying, "Granny?  you are the best!"   "Papa?  You are the best!"  It was so stinking cute.  I don't know if he was buttering us up for Disney or just happy to see us - but it was great!


On the way to Disney, we ate out and Aedan and papa colored.  Imagine papa coloring... 



Since Anaheim was so close to Livermore, we arrived at the hotel early.  We decided a trip to Downtown Disney was the perfect first stop.  Of course, what is a trip to Downtown Disney without Lego Land?


Aedan was in heaven:



Marcus didn't think it was too shabby either:



The next morning was Mickey hotcakes at the hotel breakfast stop:


If you will notice, Aedan had on his trader pins from his first day.  Cheyenne had this brilliant idea to look for Disney pins on e-bay (Go Cheyenne!) and we made some great deals on them - I think we paid like $40 for 75+ pins!  We divied them all up between us and were ready for trading  :-)


Finally, on the way to Disneyland!





And we made it!



The boys still had no idea what to expect - can you tell?


Here they are in front of the castle - still not knowing what to expect:



Steve got to visit his favorite character, Donald:



And Jeremy got to visit his:


Who is that anyway?  lol...


Thunder Mountain was one of the first rides we rode:




I almost got some good pictures... lol...


I was a bit concerned about being disappointed in going to Disneyland after so many trips to Disney World... I needn't have worried - there is no comparison - you know, it's like comparing apples to oranges...  They are both wonderful in their own right.  One of the great things about Disneyland was It's A Small World... look at it!  SOooo much nicer to see at Disneyland:



Inside, it was just as mesmerizing as the Disney World one... 



Well, that is just the beginning of our trip - more tomorrow.  I have things to do, places to go and people to see - I can't spend all my time blogging - even though I would love to.  Must function on the flip side.  Be back tomorrow  :-)


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

LOVE the pictures!!!! Can't wait to see more!