Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick Update :-)


Don't feel much like posting right now, so I am going to make this short.  I have been busy doing stuff all week - not that I felt much like doing anything, but I have.  Lots of things been going on... and... I will say it quickly - have I ever said my side hurts?  I am having another upper GI Monday.  Don't expect they will find a thing, but who knows?  Maybe I will get lucky.  Should be an experience - not sure what to expect being in Singapore and all.  Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers - we need an answer.

Also, been faithfully doing my 10+ flights of stairs every day and walking about 2 miles to boot.  Whoot!  I am forcing myself to regardless of the above problem - even though it hurts like heck.

Started a new Bible Study today.  The title is "How To Make Choices You Won't Regret".  I am thinking I should have taken this a few years ago... like... LOTS of years ago... what do you think?  Steve is not my regret though - he is my blessing  :-)  So I am going to see what I can get out of this - as I said, it started today and was a great study about David.  Learning lots already.

My brother went back to the hospital with chest pain.  They did a heart cath and found he is actually improving from the previous one a month and a half ago!  THAT is good news.  He may have had a bad anxiety attack, though he has never had one before.  However, thinking this through, he had a major heart attack less than 2 months ago - yeah, chest pain would scare me.  Kinda like getting in a car accident - you are skeered of another one, ya know?  He is getting out of the hospital and I have told him a million times I love him.  As I have said before I am very close to my sisters and brother.

Also, for those of you that have been my friends for so many years and keeping up on our story, we got word yesterday that he has accepted a plea bargain of 15 years for the remainder of the term, consecutive to the term he is already serving.  He also gets no possibility of parole.  This puts him getting out March of 2028.  Finally an end to it and we can all move forward.  As bad as it is, I feel so bad for the kids - he is a sorry son-of-a-gun, but I say lots of prayers for the kids - and yes for him.  

It is so hard to forgive, but if we harbor anger, it turns us into really ugly people.  I have forgiven worse, and I can forgive this - however, I will never forget.  I love all of the kids and hope they can move past this and find forgiveness in their own hearts, stay strong and become stronger people for all they went through.  I had to when I was young not knowing why we went through the garbage we did, but, God showed me why - he sent me the children to me.  I know God has a plan for them as well - and yes, even for him.

Enough about that.  As I said, a lot going on and playing mental games with me.  I am taking it one crisis at a time and filling in the voids with friends and Steve.  Enough for now - you can feel my pain with just this little update.  Happier times ahead.  Be back tomorrow with something fun.

4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I Love You Euvah! You are in my prayers! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

I do not know you but have been reading your blog ever since I found out we are moving to Singapore and guess what, I am in the same condo as you! We are a family of three, me, my husband and my 15 month old boy. Would you like to meet up one of these days? :)

cajunsis said...

Sure! What lobby do you live in? Floor? When do you want to meet up?

cajunsis said...

PS: email me at just4youbyme@yahoo.com