Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Have You Been to Taylor B's Fine Design Group Yet?



A few friends and I went back to Taylor B's and browsed a bit.  We are never disappointed in the selection of fun things they have... if only I had a condo large enough to buy stuff I would be a happy camper.  They have two warehouses chock full of great furniture... I love going there!


I found this chest of drawers:


Do you notice anything great about it?  Go Back.  Look closely...

Do you see it?

Did you find them?

Did you get a headache?



These little guys are holding the chest on their head!


And all their cousins are hanging out on the drawers:



The chest is not very wide, but it is intriguing. 


Don't worry, it had not been dusted yet - in fact, I think it was straight off the shipment  :-)

I wouldn't have bought it, but it is cute!  If I did buy it, I would worry about those little guys having a headache... or the cousins staring at me.  Nope, not my chest of drawers... but, do you like it?
My friend Debbi found this:


It is very big and Nicole assured us it breaks down easily to go into doors.  I thought it was a big bird cage, then decided it was a Chinese Confessional.  Debbi tried it out, do you see her in there?
Here, I opened the doors for you:


Don't you think it would make a good Chinese confessional?  Ann, quit laughing over there.  I don't think the Chinese have confessionals, but it is definitely a Chinese box for live people... you know, the chair gives that away.  Noelle, put down that coffee!  I guess I said that a bit late, didn't I?

Nicole straightened me out when she heard our giggles.  It is to carry a bride in!  There are long wooden pieces that slide through the bottom 4 corners and it is lifted on men's shoulders to carry the bride.  I tried to google this baby, but it doesn't come up under 'Chinese bride carrier', 'Chinese bride box', or 'Chinese box' or Chinese wooden bride box'... lol.  If you know what it is called, I would love to know.  Heck, maybe Nicole knew?   Did I hear her say?  I am old, I don't remember.

I have a secret... are you ready to hear it?

Tomorrow (Friday) they are supposed to get a 40' container shipment from China in!  I bet we could meet over there and find just the perfect... Chinese people box.

Didja miss the directions?  They are under the linky at the top of the page.  Wanna Go?

2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

LOVE the monkey headache thing! I think you should get it. :)

Unknown said...

Faye and I have come to know the "Bs" over the past year, as we have frequesntly arranged (by telephone) to cruise through their 2 lifestyle 'rooms' (now one since part of a wall was recently removed)wondering what treasures there are for our Asian home improvements.
The warehouse elevator and dock experience is all true, which adds to the mystery (think walking through the back streets of Shanghai). Once up on 4, there are treasures, at great prices for you to explore, and changing by the week. Understand that the wares are never the same, rather new antiques and originals coming in all the time. What makes it even more cool, is the music and chaos, with the added touch of the Jim & Nicole welcome. Sweet!
Go there, enjoy a walkabout, know that the 'B' family know their pricing (ie, accept as is) and go home with some exceptional stuff. And, there is delivery for a modest fee.
Do ask for a diet coke.
Gregory Smith