Friday, May 14, 2010

Go There! Transportation in Singapore

I am trying to put that in the system so it picks up on google - but do you know about Go There?

While walking with a new friend (and neighbor) (Hi to you!) I asked her if she knew about "Go There" in Singapore.  She did not.  I have run into several people lately that have no idea it exists.  Go there is a website set up by the Singapore Land Transport Authority, and is quite efficient in telling you how to get around Singapore.  When you key in your address, where you want to go, and add the time you want to leave, it will give you an exact route to take by bus, by bus and MRT, by taxi or car or by backpacking (the last one is at the top right).  

It will also tell you how long it should take, how much it will cost by each method, the bus numbers, MRT Stations, how many meters you will have to walk, and how many transfers you will have to make.  It is a pretty darned efficient system!  I have been told, once you get used to it, you know how to adjust it; that it does sometimes give you a longer way, but most of the time it is dead-on accurate.  We must remember, it is still a computer; but I am impressed!

So, give it a try  :-)
Click Below To
Go There!

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

I have used GoThere at least twice a week since I arrived here over 3 years ago .... it has been a lifesaver!

1. when going somewhere by cab, I take note of the directions for the cheapest route ... then when the cab driver asks which way I want to go. I say PIE or Dunearn Rd etc. Saved me heaps of $$

2. If going somewhere I have never been ... after locating it on GoThere, I then go to 'street level' and check the area so that when I do arrive I am familiar with the houses, shops, what the street 'looks like' etc.

by 'playing' with it, I can work out what bus to get, change to, etc to go a more scenic route .... if I have time!

Love it and yes, a great idea to share it with others.