Monday, April 19, 2010

Color My World

Have you ever wondered what our world would look like in shades of gray?  I was thinking one day what it would be like - wouldn't it be depressing?  You know - like the people that live in the northern climates when there is no sun for months?  They say their depressions are deep and long.  I can sympathize with that - heck, I love color and a cloudy world might rain on my parade.

Simple little things like brilliant colors in signs draw our attention to them:




And shades of color draw our eyes to or away from things.  Looking at this, you can plainly see where you need to go for that mixed drink  :-)



The colors on these escalators make me want to ride them up and back down again - such a relaxing shade:



They accent this large staircase:



And made me want to stand in the entrance looking up rather than going up that staircase:



When you add color to interesting shapes you get some wonderful effects:





And finally some artists put it all together in the most intricate designs like artist Dale Chihuly did - and make breathtaking pieces:





Yep, I think a world without color would be a boring world - don't you?  Thank you God for coloring my world.

Off to check out the last surviving Kampong on the island... wonder if it will be worth taking pictures of?  lol... 

Have a great day (or night) everyone!  I have to pack my camera - but many you can enjoy some tea  :-)


In the meantime, view the world in technicolor!


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Those are some really beautiful photo's. You have a great eye!