Monday, March 15, 2010

Living Life with No Regrets - 33 Years Later

33 years ago, I made the best decision of my life to this day:  I married a long-red-hair-freckle-faced-green-eyed-guy who rode a fast motorcycle, was a grease monkey (mechanic), and going to college.  I was still in high school.   Soon we rode off into the sunset - no one every believing we would last a day - much less 33 years.


I spoiled my siblings birthday that year - we got married on it - and I thought that was a great idea  :-(  Apparently it wasn't such a good idea they were pretty mad. 
I thought they would be happy, but indeed they were quite upset that we chose to rain on their parade and have a wedding... 


You probably don't know that story, but we literally decided over night - well, 2 days before - to get married.  Hastily, we got blood work done, went to the church, talked with the preacher and got married - just that quick.  I went into the house to day we were getting married and told everyone.  My mom hit the roof, the kids bawled because we spoiled the party - 
but we did it anyway.  And yes, I *chose* that date... it was special to me.

 

Everyone made it that mattered to the wedding, happy or not, they were there.  Steve's mom came, his best man made it, my family made it and the preacher made it too. 


Everyone necessary was present to have a wedding  :-)


It was a huge expense for us:

$15 for the blood work
$10 for the marriage license
$15 for my wedding band
He spent $3 on the rose... 
and gave $5 to the preacher because that is all we had left.


$48.00 Total spent for our wedding

...and yes I bought the kids something for their birthday  :-)

But they really didn't care... lol... 
 We still busted the party.


33 years later, there are no regrets.  Except maybe that we only have 4 pictures - and you see how great they are....

No, even with that, there are no regrets - just love - more than I ever thought possible. 

This man:

 

...is my everything  :-)

My wish is that everyone would know this amount of happiness in life

 Happy Anniversary Steve  :-)  I hope we have 33++ more years.

Oh, and to the twins?

Later gator  ;-)

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

Happy Anniversary to 2 of my favorite peeps! I hope y'all have a great day!
LN

Red said...

Happy anniversary Babe!
As always, you are way better to me than I deserve & I am nowhere near as good to you as you deserve!
I Love You
Steve

Anonymous said...

I read and read and read...your love story...and my tear drop...
it really touched to my Heart.
I wish I and my hubby will be like you guys one day ...hummmm....25 years to go....
Late happy anniversary to both of you. XO from next dr, Yuka