Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Welcome Home

We made it back to Louisiana with a beautiful welcoming sunset.  I took this from the back seat of a bumpy ride - and where in Louisiana isn't bumpy?  Wasn't it a beautiful welcome home picture?


Coming over the bridge, yet another beautiful memory:



We had to have one last crawfish boil.  Crawfish season is still very early, but that made them oh-so-tender and they soaked up the spices.  They were easy to peel and a wonderful back to Louisiana meal.



Lucky for this 'little' guy that Todd found him in the crawfish before the boil.  Raelee was super excited to have him as a friend for a few minutes:


She reminds me so much of myself - I have always been a nature lover and used to chase my cousins around the yard with frogs, snakes and the likes - of course, they did their share of chasing me too  :-)


Still to this day, I love the critters on our sweet earth.

She finally agreed to let him go:



Todd took Raelee out to Mike's to ride her bike.  She is a careful rider and has a lot of fun doing it.  It was nice to sit out and watch her go 'round and 'round the trees.  I will miss our times together - I used to love going on the trails with the kids.  Those times are few and far between now.  I hope they come back again.


 

See?  Cautious and easy she goes  :-)


A silly picture, but here are my new glasses.  Surprised?  I bet you didn't even know I got any!  It happened on our last trip back, but they weren't ready before we left for Singapore.  They were here waiting when I got home though.  Thanks Jeff  :-)  

It is nice to have an eye glass salesman in the family.

 


Now here is something funny.  I have a couple of thermal glasses that I love to use.  Ever since Raelee was little, I have always had to fight that little one to drink from my glass. She sneaks up, drinks, giggles and drinks and giggles til I 'hear' her and then takes off running when I act like I am going to chase her, one eye cautiously watching me.  Here are a few pictures:




Well, I am here to tell you, I am still fighting for my cup!  And she is not cautiously looking anymore:


I think that is defiance in her eyes now  ;-)


And finally, the question everyone is wondering.  Did we take down the swing?

Yes, between two dedicated guys, it is down.  Todd worked on several knots the other day, and yesterday Steve worked on the butt weight knot for a long time before he finally got it loose:




But not without supervision, begs to leave it and finally crocodile tears:


Todd cut out a new one to leave for the new owners.  I am sure Steve will put it up today - and thanks Todd for the new treasure to leave behind.

Doing little things like this tear at our heart strings, but overall, we are doing fine.  I am slowly giving away pieces of our lives that have been a part of us forever... plants, furniture, kids memories... stuff...  Steph said on her fb that she is watching her childhood home leave piece by piece.  I know the feeling... it hurts.  It is not easy for any of us.

It will all be over with in 2.5 days.  That day will be the most difficult of all - we give the new owners our their keys and we move on. 

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days - we will surely need them.  :-)

4 comments:

applesofgold said...

You know that I can say with honesty in my heart that I am praying for you guys...this has got to be beyond hard.

It sounds like you came up with the perfect solution for the swing...well, sort of. I guess the most perfect solution would have been to uproot the whole dern tree and relocate it to wherever you guys end up....but now it's a new era for the swing...new butts and new joys. The Middle Apple got over her fear of heights on that swing, I will never forget that.

Noelle Reese said...

I'm still praying EB! :-)
I love your new glasses!
Both Morgan and Carlee slam my water all day long. Even when they have their own same water I have they like mine better. LOL
LN

Noelle Reese said...

Darnit I forgot, are you going to put pics of the kids on the old swing and hang it on the wall?

Elizabeth said...

Praying, Sis and you are on the prayer chain as well. I love you and I am sorry.