Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Rest of the (Frog) Story


Remember the frog sighting?


And the next frog sighting?


The one that was out in the middle of a huge field, so far out I had to do a double take to see him?


We keep watching him...
Yes, he is still there. 
He must have been punished 
because he had his back to us at one point.


Today, I went to check him out.  
He is still there but he is facing the river again.
At least he can see everyone walking on the path now.
He looks a bit more weathered, but still very lonely  :-(



Steve and I questioned our Singaporean friend Kimberly (you might have to scroll down a bit to see her in that linky) about the lonely frogs.  She filled us in on the details.  Apparently something financial or something bad has happened to the families of the frogs and they were removed from the home of the families.  They were then placed far away from the home, facing away from the home and the second frogs' eyes have been removed so he cannot find his way BACK to the home.  They must have really been angry with him Kimberly said.

Chinese superstitions are so strong, Kimberly was extremely agitated that Steve walked over to the frog.  She thought it would bring him, us (and her) bad luck just by being close to it.  Steve, on the other hand, wanted to pick it up, polish it, give it a new set of eyes, and bring it home to display it proudly in our home.  He thinks that it would love him so much for rescuing it, that it would thank him by bringing him multitude of money.  

He still threatens it each time we pass it.  
Kimberly cringes, and I am not so fond of him being so close to it myself.  
If there is any hint of superstitions coming true I like the tiny bit of money we have.
But someone has touched him...
And Kimberly and Steve hold their ground.  
Kim says he is bad luck.
Steve says he needs to be saved.

I see both sides.

What shall we do?

You vote.

Not saying we are going with it or anything... 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for bringing him home!
If there is any truth to the superstition, after we clean him up, shine him up, give him eyes and give him a good home, he will be so grateful that he will make us rich.

Steve

applesofgold said...

I vote to bring him home too. I am a firm believer in second chances, and I belief that little guy has learned his lesson. I'm sure all his months being left all alone in the weather has gotten to him. He's whispering "Take me home....Take me home....Take me home...."

Cajunrose said...

Having seen the frog myself....It made me really sad to see him in the field under the tree's with nobody to love him :( I had wanted to get a picture of him but kept forgetting.

Anonymous said...

Noooo.... Buy a new one! Never pick up a discarded fengshui item.

cajunsis said...

*wonders who is anonymous... could it be Kimberly? ;-)

luvnlife said...

I vote take him home! It will probably freak out the previous owners!

applesofgold said...

bahhahah, I love what luvinlife said...could you imagine them...one day walking down the path, knowing they had discarded a frog over there. They do a double-take, ACK! The frog is gone! It's after me! ACK! ROFLMAO

cajunsis said...

Superstitions are taken very seriously over here though. I am not sure it would be so funny. It might cause them extreme grief - when I say seriously, it is anxiety serious. Different cultures are to be respected. I could never laugh at someone's belief. That might be the deal breaker for me.

luvnlife said...

I apologize for my comment. I didn't mean any disrespect but I can see how it would be taken that way. It seems as I get older I put my foot in my mouth more often! My apologies to everyone!!