Saturday, January 23, 2010

NeWater Plant

Friday I went on one of Val's awesome tours; this time to the NeWater plant near Tanah Merah MRT.  Val offers us great tours periodically throughout the year.  I met her through a mutual friend - we all go to Bible Studies at the same church.  I love her tours - some are more fun that others, of course, but I enjoy them all.  NeWaters was a very scientific tour.  I am not so much interested in scientific stuffs (like where my drinking water started), but you can never replace the fun we have when we get together - no matter where we go.  This is going to be short and sweet - because I think like me you don't want to really know where your drinking water came from.  

But here are a couple of pictures of the processing part:



On the tour they gave us bottles of water.  Most opened them and drank them right away.  I was not thirsty as I had just had some water, so I didn't - I just tucked my bottle away for later.  A bit later they told us what had previously been in the water we were drinking - proud and all that they had filtered it enough to get those 'impurities' out.  I was glad mine was still sealed.  

I am better not knowing where that water started. ACK!  
Do you hear my humming loudly though this speech?  Because I felt like I was. 


Yes, I probably trust the government (of both countries) to keep me safe and sound.  Suffice it to say, I don't need to know ever again what was in that water when it first started there - and you didn't have to tell me it might have started in my toilet!

Now, because of the nature of the tour, my eyes started wandering.  You know I can't keep focused on a darned thing.  So with camera in hand, I just snapped pictures of those amazing things that is always around me.  Always.  Every where I look, there is something simply amazing and picture worthy.  There was plenty here, but I won't bore you with all the pictures, just a few.

I am going to share *my* tour of the NeWater plant:

The reflection on the ceiling: 


The floor:


The guide talking to my tour:


I was obviously paying great attention...

This one came out blurry, but you get what I was going for.


Sorry folks, I doubt I will be going back for a re-shoot.

This was a demonstration... on something... 


That floor really entertained me.  
Steve says it doesn't take much to do that... 


Now this one was confusing - do I look at the ceiling or the floor?
Definitely not the writing on the wall there... 


And I had to check out the ladie's room.  You didn't need to know that, except I must have an explanation of the photo below.  You will obviously see it is in the ladie's room.  

N, this is where you (and other spewers) should put down your coffee  :-)

And the sign (once again) caught my eye:


Did it really say what I thought it did?


It did.  
Now think that one through for a while and see if YOU come up with the thought that NeWater is trying to project here... lol... 

And that, folks, was the extent of what I got out of NeWater.  Great pics and deep thoughts. 
Nothing I felt like I really needed to know - you know the nasty (and filtered with great care) details, but I had fun shooting the shots and spending time out of the condo.
Some things you are just better being left in the dark about...
But the company I was with was exceptional and as always, I enjoy being with the group.

And ladies please remember to keep seated for the entire performance...

?

1 comment:

Noelle Reese said...

LMAO
Maybe that is just like a PS, we don't want pee splashing on our seats, it uses water to clean it?? EWwww LMAO
LN