Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane...

(file photo from my Seattle trip)


Don't know when I'll be back again...


We leave on Monday morning to go back to Singapore.  Are we ready?


As I sit here thinking about all that we need to do, all that we want to do, and all that we wish we could do, I have to calm the knot in my tummy.  I am not sure why I am always so torn with leaving here.  I enjoy it in Singapore, and I have a great time when I am there visiting places and friends.  It is actually leaving here that tears me up - makes me cringe at getting on a plane to go back.  While I cannot figure it out, I guess it is time again to start our final preparations and get the ball rolling.


While here, we have had consistently cold weather - teens, twenties and thirties - Fahrenheit of course.  You Celsius girls don't want to hear that temp... lol... suffice it to say it is freaking cold here.  I don't mind the cold - actually, I normally love it - but this time it is going right through me.  I may have gotten thin blood living there in the tropics.  I think we will have some adjustments to go through when we get there - but it will all be good and we will be back to our 'normal' routine again.  I have meetings scheduled already on that end, a welcome or two and I get to get back to our photography exploration.  What fun!


Now I can again start to refocus on the fun things we do there and look forward to our travels back.  No sense in looking forlornly at what we are leaving behind, is there?


Let's see... the fun stuff we did while we were here... 


I got to see my Christmas cactus bloom:



And my Easter cactus...  ?



The girls hung out and chatted about girl things:



We manicured silly colors on a funky dressed girl:


And she loved them:


We played games:


And concentrated on the Operation:


Drank yummy hot chocolate:


And enjoyed our conversation that was funny and heart warming  :-)


And we relaxed... 

And waited (and are still waiting) on pictures of our guys...

Or even a phone call... 


But we didn't talk to you enough or see you at all... 

We miss you... 

I guess I have answered my own question - how do we make it ok to leave this behind?


I promise to do my best... but darn!  I miss all of the good things here in our lives... 

And I have tried to figure out what this is all about - it is on our back computer and keeps popping up on the screen - I can't figure out how to fix it... any suggestions?  Every time it happens, I have to reboot the computer.  Odd... maybe I will just shut it off until I come back again - seems like a good solution.


Any other ideas?  Son?

Looking forward to the good things there in our lives... 

NORTH to Alaska!  (remember that song?)  
errrr... 
SOUTH!  To Singapore... goin' south the rush is on... 

I may not blog again until I have gotten turned around in Singapore.  

I have made myself take a break from blogging - but I gotta tell you, it was killin' me.  I will be back - is that a promise... or is it a threat?  

You decide... 

No comments: