Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Keeping Us Safe and Sound

Safety vehicles make me... uncomfortable.  I am not sure why.  
Maybe it is because when I *hear* them
I have two immediate thoughts.  
(1) Someone's life just changed and 
(2) Lord be with them.

However, even so, I respect them and look at them in awe.  They are usually quite impressive.  

Even here in Singapore they are impressive.



Sometimes, they demand your attention.


Being as massive as they are, I still have to wonder - where do they put their feet?


I admire the people who work in emergency response. 



I don't ever feel uncomfortable around them.
In fact, I am usually quite comfortable. 
But here...  Do they have to be so intimidating looking?
They demand your respect.


Maybe it is the thought of the 'high court' consequences of wrong doings. 
*Runs fingers from ear to ear across neck*


I feel so safe here.
Even while eating out.



Quite sobering, isn't it?

(Remember the US kid that had the lashings a few years back?  He was in Singapore)

Thank goodness we don't see this often often.  

It would really be

Scary.

But it is not.

No comments: