Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Have you seen a Cannonball in a Tree?

There is a little tree... well, maybe not so little, but it blends in with the other trees around it...

Like this:


Looks like a jumble weed mess, doesn't it?

I got curious and wandered over to it and looked up:


Definitely a jumble weed mess...


And of course I looked down:


Isn't he cute?  But he lives in this mess at the base of the jumble tree...

So I start looking a little closer... you know me.  Gotta see what I can see.  Maybe there are some other admirable characters living there.  Maybe even an exotic bird...

Nope... not a bird. 

A CANNONBALL?  

Oh my gosh!  Was there a war here and it was left lodged in the side of the tree?

QUICK!  Someone come here... Oh wait. They will think I am looney tunes...

Is it really a cannonball?


It is on a vine... it... is... a... SEED?

And what is that next to it?

A flower?


*getting closer...*

Indeed it is a flower... 


A very beautiful flower...


If I say so myself.. a quite exotic flower... 


A cannonball that has flowers for pets... 

And now I see them every where... 


I shall watch for these trees every time I go out.  

God amazes me when I least expect it.  
He is awesome like that...

And  I finally found the inevitable sign:


A Cannonball Tree.  

Imagine that.

2 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

Do the cannon balls have seeds in them that make the flowers? The flowers are very beautiful. The lizzard guy would make me run away screaming and I would have missed the flowers! LOL

applesofgold said...

God thought of everything didn't He?