Friday, December 18, 2009

I Love This Blog...

8 years ago, I started my first blog.  It was started because I was going through so much crap with settling in with my three nieces and nephew (4 kids) living here, our son was moving back home from Japan and we were going through the foster care/court system to get through our placement.  (remember that adventure?)  At times I felt like I was alone.  I cried on people's shoulders until I could see everyone was weary from listening to me.  So, in order to stay sane, I started a blog to vent, cry, celebrate, and sound off on those who actually did care.  Thank you all for being there for me.


When I started my expat experience, I started this blog, again to get through the frustrations of all of the changes going on in my life.  Most of you are still here cheering me on.  Thank you for that.  Some of you send me 'kick in the last' messages that makes me get my head out of my rear and look ahead again and some of you just hug me.  I need it all.  


Thank you for that.


Last night I was overtired, overwhelmed and oversensitive.  Yes, all of those things happened.  Yes, it is frustrating, but it is not frustrating to the point of harming relationships.  The water bill got paid thanks to a dear friend who read my blog.  


Thank you for that.


None of this is any particular person's fault.  It is just sh#! I am dealing with - another predicament, same life.  It is crap that gets overlooked and it is not intentional - and I know that.  I am whittling through it trying to come up with an answer.  Until then, I am looking forward again and I know I will figure it out.  


After much contemplation, I realized I am in a great life;  I have a home in the US, I have a home in Singapore, my hubby has a job, and I have people who love me and are willing to put up with my crap and rants and raves - and they support me through them and still love me on the flip side.  


Thank you for that.


While sitting in the Drs office, someone asked me where I got my purse.  I told them I didn't remember because I was ashamed to say I think I got it in Malaysia last week while shopping - for $3.50.  How many people can say that?  Yes, I am lucky.  And I am ashamed that I let this little crap get me down.  


So, I am looking up and looking out again.  I am going to make good of this predicament.  I will celebrate the friendships I have made and those who have helped us through it all - my gosh what would I do without each of you?  


Thank you for that.  I love you.



We don't know anything from today's physicals obviously, but I do have some ideas to go to my GP with.  I will let you know more later.  No, my blood pressure was not better, but I know why.  Tomorrow, after rest and relaxation, it will be better.  The sun will be out and I will be smiling.  Because I am loved, and because I am truly ok again.  


Merry Christmas everyone - and thanks for being there.  You are terrific - I didn't get any bashing e-mails from yesterday's blog; only love and support.  What a great group of friends you are.


Thank you for that.


And thank God for this blog - I don't think I could navigate this life without it.  Writing pulls all the strings together and helps it make sense.  You all are the final threads that make my life whole.


Thank you for that.


Gosh, I have a lot to be thankful for - what was I complaining about?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

And we love you.

Jacqui said...

I hear ya!!! Its a tough gig this life and it has its ups and downs. I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there, you'll work it out and one day, this roller coast ride of life will plateau and you can relish in your memories. Home is when you're together with the people you love, so enjoy your time 'home'. x