Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We Made It Back To Singapore :-)

Let me tell you for those that are considering coming to see us here in paradise - neither one of us is worth that freaking 30 hour trip over here - or however long it will take you. No matter what you do, you are miserable when you get here.

We, of course, do not take first class, so that in itself makes it worse. But we did finally make it a few feet behind the first class folks, and I am here to tell you I will send you all the pictures you want. You don't want to make that trip - we are so not worth that pain.

Need pictures? I will start with my feet pictures. 30 hours in transit and 27+ being actually in flight makes your feet and legs look like this:


I know, they weren't pretty before, but after 30 hours flying in a 2 x 2 foot area, they are even less pretty. They are ballooned from the swelling. I guess my heart barely pumps after a few house in a vegetative state ;-) Therefore all that they make you drink falls to the bottom ;-)


We got here, drug our luggage to the cabbie - who bungie corded the luggage in and proceeded on to our condo. I even remembered where to tell him to take us! Once we arrived, we drug the luggage to the door, keyed in, drug it to the elevator, pressed the call button, drug it into the elevator, pressed 10, drug it out of the elevator, unlocked our door and drug it all into the condo. And just think, we were already tired! Lucky for us, we found this waiting for us:




With a sweet card from our neighbor Debbi:



And these little guys from Kimberly:


How sweet it is to have friends on both sides of the world welcoming you :-)

We also had a wonderful message on our answering machine from our daughter - and our son welcomed us immediately as well... How lucky can we get?


It all started here:



That was only our second destination - from Tokyo we had to go to Singapore!



Carey, we waved to you at 9:30am
Aaron, you were right below us at 11am
Noelle, did you see me wave around lunch time?
Jenn K, we saw you checking on kids at 3:30pm
and Shari, where were you off to at 5pm? Are you still selling popcorn? I saw you ;-) Hope you had a happy birthday Nate!

We made it here just a bit late - the pilot told us he had to fly around 2 typhoons. Man! I am glad *he* didn't forget to check the weather!

Anyway, our best part is even though we left you all there in the states, you are still here with us in Singapore:





Everyone except those who refuse to let me get a decent picture of them - you *know* who you are :-(

Just a quick note: we need updated pictures. These are kind of out of date... don't cha think?

And we need refrigerator pics... can the grandkids handle that for us?d

Yes, we are back. I think I have unwound enough to finally hit the sack. I miss you already. Thanks for all the hugs, welcomes and kind words. You know I will make it - but it is never easy making changes. With you, I just might survive.

Night all :-)

1 comment:

Noelle Reese said...

Welcome HOME!!! I hope your feet are better now. Why do they make you drink? I missed your wave, I am stuck down here in the dungeon LOL But I was praying for you and thinking about you the whole time! That is a beautiful Cherry Blossom. Will it grow in the pot and stay pretty like that?
LN