Friday, October 23, 2009

No Words of Wisdom Today...

... but do I ever have any real ones? lol...

I took it easy for a few days. I have fought that sinus attack from those beautiful flowers I got from the awards banquet. The funny thing is, before I realized that is what was making me so ill, Josie left for Scotland and gave me her bouquet which was exactly like mine - huge! So I had a double whammy effect. Man was I ever miserable. Anyway, with antibiotics and prednisone, it is finally coming around. Just fighting asthma now, but it will soon let up. No more millions of lilies for me.

We went to the Royal Thai Embassy this weekend for a bazaar. It was soooo crowded, I wish we had gone earlier. We had a great time watching the people around us. As one of Steve's colleagues and I stood waiting on him to return, a huge entourage of important people came past us. I could have reached out and touched "Mr Important" (whoever he was), but I just stood back and watched. Of course our cameras were in our bags. Well, after the man passed, I looked over and said, "He must be important..." Immediately, Steve's colleague said, "Uh, yes. That was our President! And my camera, I couldn't get my camera out! Oh no!" He looked utterly distressed. Leave it to us amateur photographers to miss a great opportunity.

People watching here is nice:










And this piece of meat has always intrigued me. I have no idea what it is, but they carve it off of the slab. Smells yummy too :-)



Signs around the city I have seen recently:




In the women's room... (I was the only one in here, I promise!) lol...



Check out the menu picture:



Getting shoes here is always an experience. We have so many sizes to choose from:




As I said, just ramblings. I hope to be back on my feet in no time and posting regularly again.

Off to get ready for more picture taking. Leone and I are going to learn some more :-)

1 comment:

Ben said...

The meat is most likely Kebap.

It is made from wether (?) meat, meaning castrated male sheep.

It is all over the place here in Germany, as a type of Turkish fast food (many Turkish immigrants here after WW 2 to rebuild).

It ranges from delicious to "only-eat-when-really-drunk".

Really fattening meat, usually rolled into a Burrito type form with lettuce, tomato, onions and spicy garlic-yoghurt sauce, or the same in a Pita type bread.