Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mt Faber Park, Kent Ridge and Hort Park

Sunday we went to Mt Faber Park, Kent Ridge, and Hort Garden. We were both dragging and decided to put our bodies to work so we would find rest easily that night. It didn't work for me as I found out about Shela right before I went to bed.

Singapore has amazing parks - I cannot even begin to describe the beauty they refresh us with. Nearly every weekend we try to hike in a new area. Most Singaporean's are quick tell us that we have done more exploring of their little country than they have :-)


The bridges here a awesome works of art:



Wouldn't Aedan and Marcus have fun on these?




Art is in most anything we see:





I love these two views of the same wall:



It is artsy as well :-)


The tree top walks are long and winding; seemingly never ending:




The flowers are numerous:








I found out it is not necessary to put everything by the street or in the garbage to get rid of it - I can put it in my flower bed! Now that my friends is the reason I kept my porcelain sink at home! :-)

LOOK what I can make with BUCKETS! Do you think we have enough of these hanging around?








The critters are colorful and fun:



Graffiti is not only stateside:




The fruit is bountiful:




We still may not feed the monkeys or catch the insects (are you reading this Raelee?):



We didn't see any Sunday, but they are thieves anyway - they steal, we do not readily feed. They simply take it without asking - sneaking up when you least expect it. They need to read the signs!


Papa and Granny sure thought of her when we saw these:



And what can I say? When you are desperate for American (Chili's in Singapore) food, you pay the price:



And I found out today the beauty comes in many flavors:




And someone else besides me enjoyed this little adventure today - this taken just after she said she prefers not having her picture taken... I am so sorry Leone, but you looked quite content here :-)


... and we definitely found the stairs this past weekend:


Good thing... we needed to walk the Chili's burgers off. USA beef - YUM!

Singapore parks - Yippee!

Desserts - Yum :-)

Yep, I need those walks and stairs...

Does it get any better than this? Anticipation...

3 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Beautiful!

Don't lie, you looked for hidden mickey's on that wall didn't you?

Leone Fabre said...

the above fruit that is slightly pink in colour is the Jambu.

There are several varieties of jambu. Jambu air is water or rose apple, a small glossy fruit colored pink or scarlet, which is crisp and refreshing.

Wash the fruit thoroughly, cut into quarters and remove the inner seed if there is one and any discolored parts, or else bite directly into the flesh.

Jambu bol is a different variety of rose apple that is larger, reddish and slightly striped and less juicy than jambu air. Jambu mede or jambu monyet is the cashew fruit and has a reddish yellow juicy flesh.

another bit of trivia to add to your collection... :-)

Maria said...

stumbled upon your blog and I have bookmarked it. My family and I have lived in S'pore for 3 years and will be leaving this June. We have much to see in 6 months! Glad to have your blog for reference!