Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good Morning Life :-)

I am finally on the other side of the bed - the right side :-)

Jer bear (our son) got our Sling Box and hooked us up to live tv - through my computer! What an amazing sound - we have tv here, but for the most part not new shows... there are some, but they are limited and I can't dog gone watch them when I click the tv on - they have to actually BE on for me to see them. And God forbid should I miss what someone said - it is like 'old time' tv - gone, gone forever! I never realized how much I have gotten used to that darned DVR (thank you for that Stephenie!) and how much I missed it being here. But even that is turning around. I will know what is going on in the states, will be able to go to my favorite websites and 'listen' to people chat about shows and not get pouty. Now that is progress!

So, we have TV!! WHOO HOOO! It will only get better now as soon as he gets our DVR that I ordered for his house. Can't wait. Yes, I can. It is coming and I will be content with what I have now. Yipppee! I am so excited! Thank you thank you, Jeremy, Pam and Larry. Oh and thank you Steve for sponsoring it with your healthy greenbacks ;-) We will love it!

This Friday is a very special day in our family. No one but Steve and I really know, but Steve is getting his 30 year award for working for the company. Now, we all know he has worked there for 31.75 years, but it is finally coming! Here I am stuck in Barbie world looking for something wonderful to wear to the dinner.

Thank God for friends who have stuck their necks out in our Barbie world and offered help shopping for square bodies. We didn't find anything yesterday, but we got some great ideas. Leone and I will shop in little India today and I am confident we will find just the right dress. I am sure we might take a picture or two as well... Little India is a perfect place to play photographer.

Speaking of playing photographer - I took this picture this morning. Yes, I know, from our balcony again -but it was so darned clear. I put a spin on it in PS4 though and Steph made a brush for me.



Yep, I am coming up in the world. I am learning bits and pieces of PS4. I am finally getting excited about it and hungry to learn more... Leone, you listening?

I can't wait to get back home... ok, let me rephrase this... to get a home back in the states and start printing some of these shots out. I will wall paper my walls with Asia! At this moment, I shall take a breath and thank Steve and Stephenie for this incredible camera - I love having it to remember my life here in Singapore.

Today, all is well. What a great feeling :-)

Off to 'India'... see you soon!


1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

This is so great! Love the picture. Can't wait until I can get PS for me. I'm taking my camera in next week to get cleaned. Love and miss you lots!