Monday, August 31, 2009

This Is Great, This Is Not

The house is coming along nicely. Today the guys got the microwave installed and the electrician got the stove installed - and the stove fit! I was so worried about it not fitting. Why in the world would I worry about something so silly? I was so relieved when it actually slid right in. It did fit :-) Perfectly. This is great!


However, Houston we have a few problems. The biggest one is the electric. BJ, the first electrician, came in and did the wiring for the house before the sheetrock guys came in. After the sheet rock and painting, Josh, the new electrician came in to hook it all up. What. A. Mess. And of course there is no way to 'see' how to fix the mess.


This switch does not work. This is not great. Our kitchen used to have a three way switch. It is no longer that way. We can only turn it on with one switch - not the two on either side of the room that we previously could. The biggest issue is in our bedroom. Josh got the light to work. When you click on the bedroom light, it comes on... so does the closet light in the same bedroom... and the closet light in ANOTHER bedroom. How silly is that? Can we say we had an electrician problem? It is not Josh. Poor Josh :-(

Josh started to say "The only way to fix is by..." and he was explaining a perfectly impossible way to fix it - at which point I interupted and said if he didn't want to fix it, he needed to talk with the boss, because it needed to be fixed correctly - this way certainly wasn't going to work. He immediately agreed it wouldn't - and I know he knows that. I also know he is frustrated, and I honestly feel horrible he is having to come behind someone to do the clean up - but it has to be done. If not by him, by someone. Come on folks, do they really think this is ok?

Also, the medicine cabinet in the front bathroom was up but it was not wired in. It looked great! Remember how pretty is was?



It was up, but it was not wired in. Sooo, Josh took it down to wire it. When I came in tonight, this is what I saw:



This is not great. Not happy, though I know this will be hid. Still not happy. Critters can come in. Must fix. Big hole in our pretty sheetrock = not happy owner. Please tell me it will get all better again?

I keep looking at the caulk work on the sink. Not real pleased with it, but not sure what can be done differently. I am going to let Steve work that out. It looks very... um... unprofessional? for lack of a better word. I am being patient and hoping it comes around. Something is not working for me:





This is a great glob, but it is not great to me:



All in all, it is looking wonderful. I am not naive in that I think it will all be perfect. I am not; I know there will be issues and I am a patient person. I just want it right, and I want it right now! Is that too much to ask for? lol...

Steve, it is time for you to come home. Any day now, you may come home and take over taking care of business. I will gladly turn it all over to you. I am done. Overdone if I do say so myself. You can make my life great by just coming home.

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

I sure hope they get that electrical stuff figured out quickly. I know it's so frustrating to take two steps forward and three steps back:(

Have a great week, Sis! We love and miss you lots...