Sunday, September 27, 2009

Free Cycle is Not For Me :-(

We are moving. Steph suggested I get rid of *stuff* by listing the extra loot with free cycle. I listed 3 things and got a landslide (dozens) of e-mails with everyone wanting some of it or all of it. I had stated I needed it picked up in Morgan City - people were e-mailing me from all ends of the earth wanting to meet me everywhere but Morgan City - with each item I listed! I can't do it folks - listen carefully... I am done. I am so overdone that crispy critter doesn't begin to cover my description. This is why I put I needed it picked up in Morgan City! Aaargh!

Anyway, all of it is gone - one person got upset because I could not make heads or tails out of what I needed to do. My brain is fried, and it was not making sense that she wanted me to meet her 45 miles away "if I shopped there regularly". I am not shopping - I am using what I have because I cannot take it to Singapore and I cannot store it - which she did not know. Anyway, the communication was not going as fast as I anticipated and one woman was right here in Morgan City and said she could have it out of my way in 10 minutes, and it just made sense to let her come pick it up - she had help and a truck. It was a no brainer to me because negotiations did not seem to be working with the woman 2.5 hours away. However, I made someone mad :-( and I feel like a dog. I am so sorry.

So Free Cycle is the pits when you are frazzled to the bone - I simply can't do it. I will go back to dumping my loot on the side of the road - I cannot handle making people mad at me and it seems to disappear just fine from the side of my road. People are watching at this point. During our flood, we were tossing stuff out as fast as =we could and it was duly noted by passers by; they kept a steady stream of people picking it all up. Back to square one - Free Cycle is not for me. Do they have that in Singapore? lol...

If you have stuck it out this far, here are some more memories to share:

Here are some really cute kids:



The darned Siamese cats are still following me around :-(



Anyone remember this? Carey, can you still hit the hole? I think this was when you became the *enemy*...



Someone had a crush on my hubby - here she has listed his name first - never mind that *I* was her sister. She even made him a heart ornament that Christmas. Wish I had it to show with this. Too sad, I got him first ;-) He *is* pretty cool though, isn't he?



Sisters - gotta love 'em, right? Glad mine are the best ones ever :-) One is so hot she was struck by lightening. The other is a blonde. What more do I need to say?



Wow, does this bring back memories? Look at the happy lines, Shari!


Ewww, and you were kissing HIM!


Wanna go back to work in Alaska?


Is that toothpick really you?

I not only have one red head, I now have three! I love this picture. Wish I was there - it was my only chance ever to go to a Scottish wedding - but, hey, they are married and that makes it all right :-)



Do I love him, YES I DO! 32 years and counting. Steph made this precious book for our 30th - and I love it as much today as I did then. Thanks, 'sister' :-)



The Irish eyes are watching me - and the bear hugs are await me. Love ya, B... and I love this picture Cheyenne took for me :-) I can see the mischievousness in those eyes...



And I always have to ask myself...


I try to use it wisely as I hope everyone else does

And...


I am still a dream seeker - always have been and I always will be. Always things to strive for, always places to go, always people to meet and forever people to help. I am always ready to chase a dream :-)


And finally, are we making headway?



I am not so sure, but we are sure giving it our best shot :-)



Off to rest after another stressful day. Thanks for always being there. Writing makes me feel so much better. God will forgive me for disappointing someone, now I just have to learn to forgive myself. Nope, free cycle is not for me. I am sorry but I cannot handle the stress it gives me right now.

Maybe in my next dream :-)

No comments: