Thursday, September 24, 2009

Does The Packing Ever End?

We have been steadily packing for 2 days now - I am so sick of it all I could just toss it in the trash, but then as I sift through the memories of our life, I know that I simply cannot do that. So, with much care, we go through all the boxes that were packed in haste during the flood, unpack it, sort it, then repack it with tender loving care. It is, after all, what makes us whole - each piece a part of our lives at one point or another and the memories just keep flooding us. Stuff, stuff and more stuff!

We still have a lot of packing to do in the house before we start the shop. Oh, Lord, the shop! What a mess that will be. I am not looking forward to it, but I am sure we will get through it just as we have this entire ordeal.

We have extended our stay here - we will be coming back to Singapore a week later than we hoped :-( We just cannot get all the packing done and 'stuff' put into storage by twinkling our nose - and we definitely have too much 'stuff'. It is just Steve and I working on it, so it is slow going. We will get it, but it taking time even working fast. So, it is with much regret that I say we will be one week longer getting back into a routine. I will miss my girls here, but not the insanity of what I have been living.

Today was the first showing of our house! A mother and father are buying a house for the kids as a wedding gift. The mom loved the house, the kids - maybe not so much. She told the realtor to put it on the 'short list' as she liked it and she and hubby would be the ones buying it - so we will see. The father is coming into town next week and they will come see it again. We need to get it all packed and out of here - here's hoping :-)

Off to bed - we hit the boxes early and slam dunk until we fall into bed. I just needed to catch you up on our life. Stop the world and let me catch up! :-)

No comments: