Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Of Those Days :-(

Every once in a while you just have one of those days - today was mine. I woke from a horrible nightmare in a cold sweat and crying no less. I shook it off as well as one can shake off an awful nightmare and got up to start my day.

The day went from bad to worse; our wonderful carpenter got moved to another job and some other guys got moved in. I had no idea this was going to happen until our carpenter handed me the key to our house and said his goodbyes. Until then, I was under the impression he would be overseeing it all. I was dumbfounded and blindsided. Of course when that happens, I am speechless until it is too late - he was gone - and I was left with my jaw hanging open wondering what happened.

The guys that are here working in his place did a crappy job on a door. Then when they figured out they had to fix it, they did a crappy job of fixing it. They seem nice, just not doing a 'great' job like Robert does. He takes pride in his work. I will give them a chance - honestly I will, but I hate changes. I especially hate changes that blindside me. I wish someone had talked to me about this and told me what was going to happen and reassure me that this job would continue in the manner it has been going. I don't even know these guys names! I was never introduced - they were slid in under the door and now I have a whole new crew here. Am I happy? Nope. Ask me if I feel safe enough to give them my keys and leave them here working...
I. Do. Not. Know. Them.

Then later I am inside the camper and change the channel on the tv. It went out. When it was quiet, I heard beeping in the distance. I started searching and found my external power source was beeping which meant it had no power. It was then I realized the camper was running on the 12 volt battery. I started researching the problem and half of the lights in the house didn't work. Finally, with Steve's help, we figured out that I had lost one phase of the power.

I have southern engineered it and now have power (albeit not too safely) in the camper. It should last me through the night and tomorrow I will have to find an electrician to come out and fix whatever the problem is. Half of the electric in the house is working, the other half is not. Yes, I have checked breakers - all of them inside and outside. No the refrigerator is not working inside. Neither one is in fact. Yes, I know not to open them until they fix the problem. I hate asking for anyone to help me and I have to have help to figure this out. As me if I am happy.

Now that I have that nasty stuff out of the way, one great thing did happen - our floors got finished today and our cabinet frames are all finished! As I said, Robert did a great job on our cabinets - I have no idea who is going to finish them, but they better darned well do as good of a job as he started. That is all I have to say about that.



It is so difficult to take a picture of the inside of the house. Here I am trying again to show Steve. When I get it done, I will take a video of it all and post it. Maybe that will work out better. Doors and window sills are going in. Trim is alread attached to both:






Anyway, that is my day. Tomorrow I have to get up on Steve's side of the bed again - I can't handle any more days like today. I have had enough fun.

It is time to be done with this adventure. I want to go hiking in a far distant place with some sweet, handsome man. I miss you Steve. Thank you for helping me long distance. What in the world would I do without you?

No comments: