Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We Have Doors :-)




Finally we are seeing forward progress! We have doors installed both in the front and almost finished in the back. The front is all framed up and ready for trim, the back is set in and waiting for the framing in. YAY! I feel like we are getting somewhere.

Aren't the french doors going to make a huge difference in our lighting in the kitchen?



We have a small house, so lighting is important to us - we like lots of light.

The plumber has come and done all his work; all three sinks are done PROPERLY (you should have seen the mess), the new tub surrounds are plumbed and the water for the ice maker is routed.

The electrician has almost finished all the wiring, adding new outlets and lights, then moving other lights.

The carpenter is nearly finished framing everything in; he has the back door left and a couple small things. He has reworked our closets and made a half wall between the living room and dining room. He has until Thursday night to get ready for the sheet rock crew. He will have it done, he works mighty fast :-)

Friday, the sheet rock crew comes in. They assure us the sheet rock will be hung by Friday, and floated on Saturday. It will cure until Monday morning, be reworked and ready to go the first of next week! Can I jump for joy??

I am so happy with our contracting crew! GO STEVE!

Does anyone have suggestions for flooring? I don't want carpet. I am contemplating wood, laminate, or ceramic tiles. Suggestions? Pros? Cons?

Paint. Man! What a pain in my backside! I am about to paint the entire house a beautiful light wheat color. I am telling ya man, I am no good at this stuff. If you have suggestions go for it! I already have Ann and Steves. White. Roll vinyl flooring. If I don't get some other ideas, we may just go with all of the above ;-)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Do NOT go white!!! And I say do tile in the bathrooms and kitchen, wood in the rest of the house. For color, obviously you should go back with yellow in the scraproom and then I would do a pale apricot in the lr with maybe a sage green trim. Ok, so that is me. I am thinking of going with apricot in my sr. LOL But the wheat sounds nice.

Ms Lynne said...

Love love the doors... I like Elizabeth's suggestions too... especially yellow in the scraproom. Pastels will open up the house and make things a whole lot brighter. <3