Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sheet rock tomorrow :-)

Things are moving right along - I know it sounds too good to be true, but sheet rock will be hung tomorrow - we got all the insulation up today after the rest of the framing was done. Steve has been working on some plumbing and getting the guys straight on what needed framed and how he wanted it done. Thank God he is here - I have no idea how we needed things done.

We are finally getting to where he can go back to Singapore - but we still have flooring to take care of - that will be this weekend. We both have been going at lightening speed trying to get it all together so he can comfortably leave. Both of us wish it didn't have to happen, but we know it does. He has made sure the camper is hooked up solidly and is continuing to be sure I am trained to do what needs to be done. He has packed most everything, stored it in storage units and the shop. He has supervised the work inside, done some plumbing, done some electrical work, done some framing and hung some insulation. There have been so many decisions that have to be made. What in the world will I do when he leaves?

Thankfully, I trust the guys working here, so hopefully it will be ok. What a huge undertaking. What a worry for him. I can't imagine either of us being in the position we are, but it is so and so we will work with it. I am so thankful he has been able to be here as long as he has. God will help us through the rest.

Anyway, sheet rock tomorrow, floating Saturday, reworking Monday and paint Tuesday. I think I have the colors picked out now, so I am feeling a bit better about that. I will know more when I get blessings from a few people. Or I will have to change my mind... lol...

Flooring on Monday of the following week. Can you believe it? I know it will slow down when the finish work is going on, but I am so happy with the way things are going right now. I know we are all working together to throw it back together, but we are making huge strides knowing we need to get him back to Singapore. While he is gone, I can be buying the furniture we have to replace. That in itself will be a task.

Will we make it from leak to remodeled in 2 months? I think there is a really good chance. I intend to slam dunk the insurance adjusters 3-4 months in the trash. I cannot be separated from Steve that long. Wish us luck!

No comments: