Saturday, July 11, 2009

Quick Update :-)

Not much to say except we are still trudging through the muck. We have finally got the house emptied and packed - now we have to pack everything in the shop and sort the damaged stuffs out of there. There is a lot of damaged furniture and other stuff. *sigh* Today we are going camper shopping. We need a larger camper to stay in for the duration of the remodel - I could kick Ann for selling hers ;-) If she still had it I could rent it! We want to stay on the property while the rebuild is going on. We have had contractors in to bid, nothing back yet but by Monday we should know something. The insurance agent is coming by this week to check out the work. Today the cabinets in the kitchen go and the front bathroom goes. I know it is weird to hear and it is going to be good in the long run, but I will miss our old house. There are little quirks about a house and the stuff in it that makes it yours, ya know? Here are a few things we are looking at that are damaged:













You just can't imagine how many things are damaged - it is amazing to us. Like I said, when you start adding all this stuff together - it might not be much, but it IS all of these things combined that make our home "our home". It is a very emotional time for me. WARNING: Likely to bawl at any time... lol... but I am ok right now. Going camper shopping...

No comments: