Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paint Today :-)



We will see if I like the colors - the paint crew starts today :-) Wish us luck!

While they are painting, we are going over to Lowe's to pick up all the stuff we have bought for the house - like several thousand dollars worth of 'stuff' :-( Later, Steve has to cut out the window in the shower too - I am hoping and praying that goes well.

We have both been diligently chipping away at all the stuff that has to be done. One hour at a time, so many tasks to mark off the list.
So much work - now ask me if I will ever build a house... lol...

Yesterday while sweeping the gypsum dust from the floor after the sheet rockers finished their job, I was thinking. I know this sounds silly, but all this time we have wanted to do a simple remodel of the house. Not all at once, but gradually do it. Gradual little pieces of our life made new.

Yesterday while sweeping, I was thinking about this entire mess. While in Singapore, I miss our home and stuff. I know everyone knows how I feel about that. Now that all of our stuff is packed, and our entire house is torn apart, I realized that it is no longer 'our' house. It is not our paint, our flooring, our nicks and marks or our familiar smells and comfort. Some of our furniture is even gone now. Yes, I know it will be all new, but instead of the gradual change, the entire house changed and taken our old comfy life with it.

Deep in thought I realized there is nothing to keep me here now except our wonderful back yard - and of course Steph and pR. But, I am talking specifically about our house. We used a door frame to put our kids growing marks on it. It is no longer there :-( Jeremy's 'slick' floor - gone :-( Steph's cubby hole closet - gone :-( along with junk she put in it. The secret hiding place I had - gone :-( The Christmas shelf - gone :-(
I know, I know, it will all be replaced and better than before. When it is, I will be right back in Singapore - not going back to making this home again. Back in our other life.

Decisions... lots of thoughts going on here.

Less than one stinkin' inch of water. Ugh.

No comments: