Friday, July 3, 2009

And The Walls Came Tumbling Down :-(

The news for our house is not good - or maybe it is in the long run, but for now it is not. I went over today to check the damage. The water mitigator had already called the insurance adjuster about the walls in the living room. They decided to pull the walls out immediately in there as he they are concerned about more black mold growing. My scrap room walls go tomorrow :-( I am most upset about that - it is my pride and joy, being newly remodeled, yet I have not had time to enjoy it much. Today we noticed warping and water in the kitchen - so I am sure it is next. One of the bathrooms has some water in the wall, but the insurance guy has not seen it yet. A crew of guys came in and tore the walls in the living room and hall while we were trying to get stuff out of the way. They were told to do the scraproom tomorrow and I think the kitchen will be next. The kitchen cabinet doors are warping. We still have a lot of moisture in the house so I have no idea how much more damage will be done. We still have a lot of moisture pulling on the dehumidifiers and dumping into buckets, so we are not through yet.





I know in the long run this will all work out, but right now saying I am overwhelmed is an understatement.


Steph and I emptied the closets, tomorrow I need to pack the rest of the scrap room, fold the clothes to pack away, empty the book shelves, empty the top of the closets, empty the kitchen cabinets, pack the computer desk and computer away, and pack the stuff in the curio cabinet.
I went to the storage place and got a storage building for our furniture and belongings. Now to figure out how to get it all over there.



The hardest part of it all is giving my key out to everyone that walks through the door - how scary is that?







I am tired thinking about it all. What a huge job! At this rate we will have a new house - and I am not excited about it at all. Between now and then there are a lot of decisions that I need to make. Today I had everyone asking me questions - after it was all over and I was on my way back to Steph's and our son called. I started bawling. He listened to me cry and told me he needed me to get to a computer and watch something he sent me. If you look carefully, you will see our son, our grandson and our daughter-in-law on HERE . How did they do that? He couldn't have timed it better - I sure needed to hear that.

The last thing Jeremy said before he hung up was, "Mom, you are strong, you can do this; take a deep breath, be strong and get it done - I know you and I know you can do it." Sarah said the same thing about getting it done. I hope I can do it - right now it looks like climbing Mt Everest. The thing I have to remind myself is people have actually gotten to the top of that mountain and claimed victory.

Tata for now.

2 comments:

surprisetriplets said...

How did Cheyenne get such a short amount of face time? I almost missed her! That's a great video. I know you're overwhelmed, but it looks like there has been a lot of progress already made. You're doing great! Love you lots,Shari

Elizabeth said...

Sis, I am sorry you are so overwhelmed and wish I could be there to help you. If you need to talk, call me. I love you and I loved the video!