Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And God Said, "Let There Be Light..."

... and He saw that it was good :-)

I have fretted all day over our house and belongings. As we got ready to go eat tonight, still fretting, I walked onto the balcony and looked at the most beautiful sight:





Pictures just do not do it justice, but as I stood admiring it, I thought how wonderful our God was and thanked Him for that sight. It was at that moment I realized I had not talked to Him about all that had happened and as I said a prayer for us I thanked Him for the reminder that He is always in control.

There is a story a preacher once told us I was reminded about while standing there:

A lady went into the transmission shop saying her car was acting odd. The mechanic test drove it and reassured the lady that he could fix it. After filling out the paperwork, she picked up her keys to leave. The mechanic reminded her she needed to leave the keys for him to repair it. She said, "Well, I didn't know I had to leave it here; I have Drs appointments, a hair appointment and I have to pick up my son at 3!"

Confused, the mechanic said, "Ma'm, I cannot fix your car if you take it with you..."

The story relates to the way we take our problems to God. Often we take the problems to Him, ask Him to fix them; but we immediately pick the burdens back up and take them with us. God needs us to leave our problems with Him so he can work them out for us.




I have no idea where this journey will take us, but I know no matter what it will be ok. I have given my problems to Him to handle and I know he will because I left them with Him. I just needed the path 'lit' to be reminded.

Thank you for being such and awesome God... back to You...

...and I am once again embraced in His love.

3 comments:

applesofgold said...

Excellent post. It's true, we don't know the reason for what all is happening right now...but if it's all in His hands, how can we go wrong? Let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help you out. I mean that.

Ben said...

The clouds in the second picture look like a hand pointing at the city.... BEAUTIFUL!

Hope all turns out well with your house in the states

Mattie said...

So beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.