Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Celebration



See the smoke? That is what my brain feels like - a fog. I am lost as to what to do next. Insurance adjuster comes tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to make some decisions then. Steve is going to try to come home this week if he can get things lined up. If he can, that will help tremendously - I am crossing my fingers in anticipation and hopes.

Yesterday Steph and Todd had some friends over and I was barely there - I am so lost in thought and exhaustion I cannot think. However, I did get outside to take some pictures. We do the fireworks thing before dark, because after dark the skeeters would carry us away - yep, even me :-) They girls all had a blast - haha - I made a funny...












Mommy never learns with the sparklers :-)




And baby enjoys watching them:




Raelee played with the snakes - the fireworks snakes anyway. Made for messy hands:




The only thing the girls did not like was the sounds coming from the fireworks:



The city had their fireworks display Friday night (on the 3rd). They could save money by having it a day early. I am sorry, the 4th is the 4th - and the fireworks were not enough to fool with going to - but we did. It was definitely not the 4th and definitely not fun - the entire experience was somber. Our little fireworks time was much better and laughter filled the air.


My two favorite girls:




What patiently waits in the shop for me:



1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

Nice to see that you did get to have some fun times - even if your head was in a fog!

and remember: we don't have problems, we have challenges and opportunities.