Friday, June 5, 2009

"Ms Dynamo"

"ZOOM-ick" = Music M must listen to when she goes to bed.



She lives life in the fast lane, is always running, smiling, giggly and bubbly.

She gets dirtier than any kid I know. How do you get chocolate cake batter on your back?




When she wants something done, and she is determined to get it done. I was making a night chain for her (she tears one chain every morning so she knows how many nights before she fly, fly, flies to her new home) and she said needed to help me. She wanted to use scissors and I said "Baby, I think you are too little". She is NOT too little.



She said "no, I not too wittle gwanny, I can dude it!" and she practiced until she did it! When she wanted to use the paper cutter, I said, "Let us try together" to which she said, "I can dude it gwanny, wet ME dude it!" and she did! (granny will not show you all the little tiny pieces of paper all over her scraproom from M's dude its).

She is full of unanswered questions, always inquisitive and is pays close attention to details.

She is loud and demands immediate attention, but you cannot help smiling when you give it to her.

She does not hear "you cannot do it" she hears "you can do anything - just keep trying" and she does.


She is accepting of anyone she meets or knows, loves everyone with her whole heart. We were 'granny' and 'poppy' from the minute we met her - and she runs to us excitedly when she sees us and grabs our legs in huge hugs.

The entire world is her best friend; I don't think M has enemies.

The sad part is that M is leaving Monday morning. It is a bittersweet time for us all - we are all going to miss her. Steve and I talked to her on the phone nearly every day while in Singapore, we have only really 'known' her for 2 weeks since we came home - but she is one very special girl. We love her so much already; we know we will miss her giggles and grins.

For several days Steph and Ruth have been setting her stuff aside to pack. Steve went over and packed it yesterday and it is ready to ship. She was inquisitive about what was going on. How do you tell a child she is leaving for good? Of course we did it lovingly; we told her we wanted to be sure she had everything she loved when she moved with mommy J and daddy D - but she was getting apprehensive. A few reassurances and hugs and she was ok again. I am so glad this is her last move. I would not ever want her spirit to be broken - she is a free spirit.

She has a dynamic personality and I cannot wait to hear how she uses it as she grows older. Ms Dynamo brings such joy into lives of those she meets; I know God has huge plans for her. He blessed us by allowing us to be a part of her life - and I know she will bless J and D being a part of theirs.

Steph, Todd and pR... Thank you for bringing her into our lives and showing her how your family lives. She loves you so very much and she has blossomed in your care - even as young as she is, you will always be a part of who she will become. May her giggles and grins get you through the rough spots in the days ahead.

We love you all.

J and D... you have a heck of a special girl heading your way. If you have it in your hearts to let us hear about her milestones, antics, giggles and grins we would love to be a part of it. She has left a huge heartstring in us. We love her as if she were our own. Good luck and may God bless you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez...thanks Euvah I wasn't prepared to read that post and bawl my eyes out.
Very well said (as usual). I wish we could have met her just once.
Give Steph a big hug from me, it's going to be hard :( .
Melissa D.

Leone Fabre said...

Euvah .... what can I say?

Melissa is right, I was not expecting the tears either, once again a very emotional post....

John and I are sitting here reading this all over again and making comments about you and Steve being the best parents ever as you certainly have been blessed with a very loving family.

surprisetriplets said...

I'm so sorry that she has to go. I know that she will be loved but it's still so sad:( I'm glad you got lots of wonderful pictures of her. I hope she remembers her time with Steph, Todd, Raelee, Steve and you and all of the loving extended families as well.