Saturday, June 20, 2009

Just Ramblings

WARNING: This is just a rambling post... mostly little nothings, but today my thoughts are scattered like that. It is ok for me to have a little nothing day, right?

Debbi and I were out walking yesterday and we found a critter :-) Actually, for once someone ELSE spotted a critter - Debbi. (I think it is because she has such a deep love for them - kinda like Pam's fondness of the same critters)



He is actually quite nice sized, about a foot long... I am thinking Debbi can tell you exactly how long :-)

Steve and I went shopping today and I thought of the old days when I had my brother and sisters with me most of the time. Granted back then my friend, Jeanie, had a AMC Gremlin (WOW, there's a blast from the past!) to stuff the kids in the back of, but this would have been even better. Heck, they might still be 'hiding' here...




I thought of a friend when we were out and wondered how she and the family are doing:




Does anyone know the story of the people tree? I pass it often and I always wonder what their stories are... Do they each have names? Is their level on the tree in order of importance?




Do you think he fell asleep when Ronald was talking to him? Did Ronald notice?




The lanterns in China Town are fun to look at, though hanging them must not be so fun:




Steve and I love playing games. I have probably said that a time or two, but we laugh a lot when we play them and it is relaxing. Our neighbors look at us a little odd, but that is ok. I don't hear quite enough laughter from their places.




Here is Steve losing.



The picture was taken three hands before he won.


Did you hear the fireworks tonight? They are set off right next to the flyer - I love listening to them from our balcony while I am busy trying to get the right lens on the camera, set it up for remote and oh darn - "Grab the tripod!"

The picture came out great though:



Please just imagine the fireworks in all that smoke, k? They would be right there in front of that red light on the building to the right of the Flyer.


I did finally remember to get a picture of the 'rice' building as I call it. What is its real name?



Love our balcony view. Have I ever said that?

5 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Dialup sucks but we imagine that your pictures are just as wonderful as always!

Anonymous said...

I have to let her win once in a while so that she will keep playing.
I have won the last several games, so it is time to loose soon.
But, I just won again this morning!

Anonymous said...

Hi Euvah,
I liked this post--is that a recent picture of the lanterns in Chinatown? I was there last week searching for pink that I know I found before but two shop keepers told me there are NEVER pink Chinese lanterns. I should print this picture and go back!
See you soon. Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi again, I forgot--I think there is a plaque at the base of the people tree. I have never been able to get over there and close enough to read it. Maybe we should try it.
Sarah

Leone Fabre said...

... another great post Euvah!

By the way, your little critter on the tree is a salamander.