Thursday, June 18, 2009

It Sounded Almost Like M*A*S*H

Sitting on the sofa in my jet-lagged stupor, I heard helicopters off in the distance. It was one of those droning sounds that you can almost ignore - except it kept getting louder and louder, until it finally just became downright annoying. It was, after all, disturbing one of my few and far between tv programs. With annoyance, I got up and went onto the balcony expecting to see the 'mosquito police' patrolling the neighboring condos. Was I ever surprised at what I would see.

A chopper outside our balcony:




More choppers in the distance:




Many more choppers - what were they pulling?




And many more reinforcements:




MILLIONS of choppers... ok, well not millions, but there are a few of you that know where this came from...

And finally, I could see the Singaporean flag being proudly pulled around the island!




They came right past our condo :-)




Not the mosquito police at all. Just another day in paradise.



Getting ready for National Day :-)

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

you will see them often over the next few weeks ......

National Day has to be (and will be) perfect!