Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An Easy Day

Yesterday is over and it was a crummy day. I was feeling lonely, and everyone was super busy. I was also pouty because my kids are keeping each other company and I was missing them. Steph and pR are with Shari and Megan is with Cheyenne and Jeremy. Ahhh, thankfully today was a better day.

I was on the phone today discussing a nomination to be a board member of the SSA. Suddenly, my phone beeped one time and went dead. I tried to call the president of the SSA back and got the message I needed to 'top up' - another way of saying I didn't have minutes. So, I got my trusty little camera and decided I needed to get a better picture of my little bird, so I headed out the door. The ultimate goal was to 'top up' but I needed to look forward to that walk.


On the way, I got to see the guys working out with a trainer:








I love the bridge over the water :-)




This is one of our local places we go to eat when we want to go nearby. It is an easy stroll on the waters edge to get there and we eat by the water:




I enjoyed beautiful greenery and flowers:










And I found my little sunbird:






When I came home, I got a welcome from Shankar:



Shankar has been our guard since we moved here and jokes with me all the time. It is nice to see a friendly face when we come home every day - and he has to check out the pictures I have taken on my strolls.

Shankar likes it when I come out and chat because he can get straight on what guys are in/out or in transit. I have no idea why it matters to him, but he always stops me to ask and clarify about our crew of guys. He is one of the first friends we made here.

I did get my phone 'topped up', but before I called about the SSA nomination, I received and e-mail that said I had been nominated and voted for! Lol... I was going to accept anyway, but now I know what happens when your phone dies - just like a meeting you miss, you are voted into office :-)

3 comments:

Kim's Life said...

Good for you!!!

Mattie said...

That is too funny Euvah. Yes, I am always afraid to miss a meeting!

Mattie said...

PS - I love your pics as always.